Norwegian "Allach" Reichscommisar Josef Terboven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norwegian "Allach" Reichscommisar Josef Terboven

I finally got me a dinnerplate from Reichscommisar Josef Terboven, made in 1944, mint example 32 cm in diameter ( 12.5 inches wide) They are quite hard to find. The plate are made in Norway by Porsgrund Porsjelenfabrikk, the famous high quality maker of porcellain in Norway.
    Attached Files

Pic. 2

Backside
    Attached Files

Comment

very nice plate
      regards
      uscha

Comment

P,

That would be a large plate and to be honest I have never personally seen it. What do you know of it and what does the rear dedication read?.

Best,

Kris

Comment

Reichscommisar Josef Terboven made these dinnerplates and coffemugs, as far as I know, they were used as gifts to high ranking officers and politicians.

Translation says: In memory of the battle of Norway by the headquarter of propaganda, Reichscommisar ( Josef Terboven) Norway 1944

Best regards, Tom

Comment

I would translate as "In memory of duty in Norway with the Main Office for Propaganda with the Reichskommisar of Norway, `1944". I doubt if the Propaganda office was involved in the battle for Norway. I wonder if Terboven had them made as souvenirs for all the departments in his occupation office?

Comment

Hi.

In the same serie it was made a small bawl and a big mug.
              They were all found buy some soldiers of the resistance movement in the big safe belonging to Josef Terboven at Skallum gård. (his last recidence before suicide 8th May 1945).

Regards
              Derek

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X