Original NSB marked SS Sports Badges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original NSB marked SS Sports Badges?

Well, this is an odd group of SS badges, marked NSB 427 in a couple different grades. Obviously, there are very few examples with which to compare them. I have no experience with these badges - are they original? s/f Robert
    Attached Files

Reverse with incused NSB markings -
    Attached Files

Comment

Gold with sword?
      Attached Files

Comment

And the reverse. There is a bronze version as well.
        Attached Files

Comment

Dear Robert,

Until today not one original has been found.

The NSB marked ones are said to be fake (what makes a lot of sense, why marked a Dutch SS item by a NSB mark?)

Do you a search on this forum.

Not so long ago we had similar one offered by Graig.

Best regards,

Rene

Comment

Thanks Rene, what you say makes sense. I didn't find the other one in my search, but will look again. Regards, Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Kuifje69 View Post
              Dear Robert,

Until today not one original has been found.

The NSB marked ones are said to be fake (what makes a lot of sense, why marked a Dutch SS item by a NSB mark?)

Do you a search on this forum.

Not so long ago we had similar one offered by Graig.

Best regards,

Rene
              Well that's a strange situtation. If until now not one original has been found, how would you know what an orignial one looked like when you found it? Maybe the NSB marked ones have been the originals all along....

Tom

Comment

because there is a period document showing them in different grades.

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
                  Huh, what does a period document showing them in different grades have to do with what an original one should like like?

Is there a period document showing the front and back of a wartime piece???

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
                    If the period document shows photos or any other detail of an actual badge, that would be very helpful. This badge is being offered in four types: bronze, silver, gold, and gold with sword.

Comment

i dont understand the repsonse?a period document from wartime!period that period of time, not now.you say how would you know what it looked like because ive seen illustrated pics of it in a dutch ss paper,simple.

Comment

and here it is the dicsussion about these badges can be found by typing in "dutch sports badge" on this forum.

Comment

Thanks for that illustration, and I appreciate the insights on the badge. I searched for "dutch sports badge" on this forum, but did not discover any more threads regarding this badge.

Comment

im sorry type in "dutch sport badge" not sports badge youll get the thread

Comment

Wonderful, thanks. Looks like someone posted the exact badge I have. They certainly are well made for replicas of an obscure badge - looks like we may never know on these. Regards, Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X