My very first cufftitle acquistion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My very first cufftitle acquistion

Here are a couple of scans on my first (and with the ever increasing prices, probably my last) SS cufftitle acquisitions. I purchased these off of the e-stand and am now trying to figure a good way to display them. Any suggestions on display would be appreciated.
    Richard V

Nice original titles. I had 12 a few years ago....flogged them!
    Should have kept them really as the prices have held well.
    I always displayed mine full length and not folded which is better for the cloth.

Comment

Horst Wessel

Hi Richard, when you get a chance would you please post a closer look at the back of the Horst Wessel, thanks, Sonny

Comment

Nice original cuffbands, Richard!

With them being of the bevo style, they are somewhat delicate and prone to tearing. What I do when displaying mine, I keep them outstretched and not folded as eventually they will start to tear on the fold. When I'm storing them, I roll them up and keep them in a 35mm film canister.
        Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. I am very happy to have added these to my collection. Tony, thanks for the storage advice. I certainly want to keep these in as good a shape as possible. The idea of rolling them and placing them in a canister is a big help as we are packing everything right now in anticipation of a move since we have our house up for sale. When I scanned these, I made sure that they were not folded but only slightly bent over for the scans. I didn't want to crease the cloth. Sonny, were you looking for a closer scan of the back of the lettering?
          Richard V

Comment

Cuff Title

Hi Richard, I wanted to take a closer look at the bottom stitch that runs lenght wise on the reverse, if possible. Thank you Sonny

Comment

Richard,
              All nice original bands, I would like to echo some of the comments above, some of the BeVo bands even though they can be mint condition can start to split (vertically), this is probably due to an inferior or a faulty welt at the time of weaving.
              so to be safe not hard creases,
              cheers,
              gary

Comment

I remember those...

you got them for an excellent price! Great stuff Richard.

Comment

Once again, thanks for all the nice comments on these cufftitles. These were priced very well compared to what I have seen on the market, and I consider myself very lucky to have been the first to snag them. I probably won't ever be able to afford any others, as most will cost for one what I paid for both of these. Sonny, I have attached an image of a part of the lower stitch. Hope this is the kind of image you are looking for. If not, let me know, and I'll try to scan whatever part you need. The bands are now safely rolled and in film canisters for storage until we move into our new home.
                  Richard V

Comment

Cuff title

Hi Richard, thanks so much, and congrats on your titles, Sonny

Comment

Thanks Sonny, hope these images helped.
                      Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X