To Restore Or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Restore Or Not?

I got this officers tunic in 92. It was missing the title and tabs, the outlines and reminants of thread were still there. I chose to restore, would you? This is an unnamed DK winner
    Attached Files
    DaveJ

It is a bad photo, let me show the insignia. It has taken me till now to find the title to complete this tunic. I have had some nice ones, and this could have been a TK officers, but that is a little to much. It will be in my collection and when sold buyer will have the option of with the tabs and title or with out. This is the title
    Attached Files
    DaveJ

Comment

the tabs
      Attached Files
      DaveJ

Comment

the eagle that was on it
        Attached Files
        DaveJ

Comment

Great Tunic

Normally, I leave tunics in the condition in which I find them. However, I definately would have restored that one. I have a few tunics that I have had enough info on in the past to restore. It is such a rewarding project to work on because you have to match the condition of the replacement insignia to the condition of the tunic, and if you do it right (As you obviously have) the tunic comes out in the end looking excellent.
          Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
          All the best,
          Chris

Comment

Thanks,

I do not like to cause any damage to anything I have, so I hand sew everything with just enought of a stich to make it look good. I use period thread, and I do not try to hide anything that I have done.
            Dave
            DaveJ

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X