No announcement yet.

SS Honor ring box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much did they bone you for? Do they have a guarantee return priveledge? Hope you didnt loose more than 50.00.

Comment

Yikes! I have seen prices of 3K on these boxes.

Comment

Box

Just a thought - If you paid top dollar on the box, and you decide to return it, why not consider getting a worn Totenkopfring that may not cost too much more? Even beat up original rings still have a nice inside inscription usually. I'm certainly no SS Ring-box expert, and I feel pretty sure I can spot a fake ring, but I'd have trouble with the box. Best of luck!!

Comment

Here's one I sold recently, complete with the recepients history.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
            hoggtannlars<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2871531", true); </SCRIPT> ,, I believe the photos you show are the same that were shown on another site and deemed a fake.. In the last 2 years there have been a few really good fake boxes showing up. Don caught 1 or 2 at the last MAX show...
            Unfortunately Gaspare is absolutely right !

http://www.worldwarmilitaria.com/for...ead.php?t=1626

Ric
            Last edited by Ric Ferrari; 01-22-2009, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Thank you all for your help.

I will contact the dealer.

Comment

Boxes

The "ring" boxes in this thread are definately real. During the early 1990's, I purchased a small quantity of them from a vet's estate in Berwyn Illinois. He was a watch maker according to his daughter and kept small watch parts in them, gears, findings, etc. I ended up buying his jeweler bench and lathe which I still own today. As far a knowing if there were rings in the boxes at one time, they were long gone and none showed up in what was an entire garage full of what once was his livelyhood. As far a being able to say for sure that the boxes were for honor rings, they seem to fit them perfectly. I currently do not own an honor ring but I did acquire the ring of Hans Lammers through my newspaper ad back in 1979. I sold it some time back.
                Peter Manzie

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X