Any 12th SS Panzer wraps around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any 12th SS Panzer wraps around?

Anyone seen a 12th SS Pz Leather wrap around lately that for sale? There was one on N&T a few years ago. Maybe that one?
    Last edited by pete; 08-18-2007, 05:10 PM.

Hello,I saw one on tuesday,a real beauty,if you have about $30,000 to spend.

Comment

Hi John, was that at Steve Wolfe's? I would not doubt he had one. Someone said he actually had an original WSS Signal piped visor!! I wish I could get one look inside that closet of his!

Comment

Yes quite impressive and a very nice upfront person whom I have been aquainted with for some time.Although I find it odd that he has items that I have seen questioned on forums when other dealers offer them but not when they are his.For example mint cloth covered crushers and color piped visor caps,mint condition Panzer Wraps and tunics with mint insignias and all types of rare items,all original no doubt but if any one else were selling them on a website they would be dragged through the mud.I guess having a name and being an nice well versed salesman does it.If I could afford to I would buy everything I wanted from him.One surprise was a very fine LAH officers tunic sporting and eagle which many collectors found questionable including myself.He explained and compaired eagles and I am convinced based on the wear and age of the tunic it was a good one.
        I attached an image of the style eagle I am speaking of,although this is not the exact same eagle as the one I saw was fraying in spots.
        Last edited by John Pic; 12-23-2007, 12:30 PM.

Comment

really?? isnt that the same eagle that was popping up a lot about a year ago that you wrote about on the GDC forum? Or am I thinking of a different eagle? That is amazing information! I agree, Steve has always been nice and takes a lot of time to talk to me when I call him (you didnt happen to see any chaplain's items there did you? )

After seeing just a few of those items, I think I would be comatose. I remember going on a "Billgramige" to Bill Shea's house and about falling over when I saw the "other stuff" room...when we got to his personal collection I damn near died!

Comment

Last edited by pete; 08-18-2007, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Chris this was one of the eagles I questioned in my threads on sleeve eagles.I believe JeffB,Willi Schumacher and a couple of others did not like these.Bob Hritz shared that he just was not sure of them.If one were interested in buying an SS tunic with one of these on it not knowing the thoughts and opinions in the community they may have passed thinking them not worth the risk.I had only examined one up close before seeing the one at Stephen Wolfes,it was in mint condition on a mint condition tunic,I found it to be extremely well made and difficult to believe it couldve been fake.But the condition and opinion of others with alot of exposure to SS cloth planted that doubt shadow.I now believe that these were probably a common style made after the outbreak of the war probably after 1941 and used on Walking out dress as when they are in good condition they are remarkably glittery.All speculation of coarse my favorite pastime.I am sure though now that the style is a valid wartime one the age/wear displayed by the one on the LAH tunic cant be reproduced.This other style I am still skeptical of but we shall see as time goes on.
              Oh I didnt see any Chaplain stuff I remember but it doesnt mean it wasnt there as my eyes had tunnel vision for SS items and Gebirgsjaeger items.I also found myself staring Sepp Dietrich right in the face inches away from the golden insignias on the overcoat and his exquisit visor cap, Hitlers Brown Shirt and Cap,Goerings off White Tunic.I read posts here and there about how suspicious people are of some of the German dealers with all the stuff they have on thier Websites,well this was comparible and awe inspiring.It renewed my faith in the hobby.
              Last edited by John Pic; 12-23-2007, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Sweet John! that sounds awesome! Its amazing what you can find out in this hobby when you dont look! That information on the eagle is fantastic!! Thank you so much for shareing it with us here. That definately will turn a lot of heads!

So what did you buy there? Something neat I hope?

Steve has told me of several Chaplain's collections that he sold in the 70s. He gets through two items and my hair stands on end in excitement..then if falls out when he quotes the price! I am saving my pennies for the day Steve calls me and says, "boy are you in trouble"

Comment

I walked out empty handed to tell you the truth, I couldve put a tunic on layaway that was very nice,but the Wolfe name is now beyond my price range.To be honest I didnt see anything different than what I could get for a better price someplace else.If I had the amount though I wouldve paid it as his name attached to anything is a plus in the community.

So what did you buy there? Something neat I hope?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X