Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with unknown ss camo

Gents,

Could somebody please identify this (ss)camo..?

MvG,

J-W

I would say that there you have an army guy, or ss polezi div in a tailor made wrapper set from a blurred edge zelt? Mentors pleasse correct me if wrong?

Pete

Comment

It looks as if it could be a issued blurred edge Panzer uniform.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Thanks guys, I also was thinking about rauchtarn/blurred edge... It looks to 'good' to be made from an zeltbahn imo, though these uniforms are sure not officialy issued to sturmgeschutz soldiers.. I have no references regarding this uniform/camo pattern, so I was hoping on some experts to 'explain' it to me. Input apreciated ..!

MvG,

J-W

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tZ View Post
          Thanks guys, I also was thinking about rauchtarn/blurred edge... It looks to 'good' to be made from an zeltbahn imo, though these uniforms are sure not officialy issued to sturmgeschutz soldiers.. I have no references regarding this uniform/camo pattern, so I was hoping on some experts to 'explain' it to me. Input apreciated ..!

MvG,

J-W
          J-W,
          the uniform is for personal in armored units. It would be ok for assault gun crews etc.. Pete pointed out that it could be a man serving in a SS-Polizei Unit. These men didn't wear the ss tabs from the start but their Polizei tabs instead and later changed to full ss insignia (experts help). The rank chevron looks black (ss).

These uniforms were made on factory level using blurred edge material but they are pretty scarce compared to oak and especially dot items. It could be factory made and it looks like that but I can't say for sure based on that picture alone.

And to answer that question also, you will find a large number of very high quality items that were tailor made. On the other hand there are also some very crude examples and a mix (nice tunic, shi**y applied insignia etc.).

I hope that helps a bit.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your fast reply Fritz!

''These uniforms were made on factory level using blurred edge material but they are pretty scarce compared to oak and especially dot items. It could be factory made and it looks like that but I can't say for sure based on that picture alone.''

Any references..?

''the uniform is for personal in armored units. It would be ok for assault gun crews etc.. Pete pointed out that it could be a man serving in a SS-Polizei Unit. These men didn't wear the ss tabs from the start but their Polizei tabs instead and later changed to full ss insignia (experts help). The rank chevron looks black (ss).''

Yeah ok, this typ of uniforms was used by armoured personal, except panzer . Though black chevrons were also used by heer. SS also weared them on the other side.

No offence made, just being critical and I'm keen to learn...

MvG,

J-W

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tZ View Post

Yeah ok, this typ of uniforms was used by armoured personal, except panzer . Though black chevrons were also used by heer. SS also weared them on the other side.

MvG,

J-W
              Why except Panzer? As a reference for ss camo use Mike Beaver's Book on ss camouflage. It is what you must have when you are a novice collector. There you will also find a period picture of an wrapper in blurred edge.

Not officially but yes it happened that the Wehrmacht used ss insignia (eagles, chevrons, shoulder straps/baords) and the other way around.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X