Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Identifying SS Eagle...

Hello-

Can you please help me with info on this SS eagle. I believe it is a tropical sleeve eagle but I would like to make sure and also make sure it is authentic- is it?

Also- what would its rough value be?

Thanks for your help!!
    Brian

original Tropical eagle,

Comment

Definitely 100% real! Mike.

Comment

thanks for confirming it is authentic. I've been trying to figure out its value. I've seen this listed anywhere from $129 to $735 (with part of tunic attached) and I have not seen any with an RZM tag for sale.
        What is this worth roughly?

Also, what version is this?

Thanks again,
        Brian

Comment

Brian, Gary actually answered that by stating it is a tropical eagle. Mike.

Originally posted by b_vanfossen View Post
          thanks for confirming it is authentic. I've been trying to figure out its value. I've seen this listed anywhere from $129 to $735 (with part of tunic attached) and I have not seen any with an RZM tag for sale.

Thanks again,
          Brian

Comment

bump for any information regarding value...

Thanks,
            Brian

Comment

Th unissued tropical ones are normally encountered with the RZM tag intact. And usually in mint shape. so the damage to this one I would think brings it into the $100-200 range at best. These are out there. This used to be the dog of the SS sleeve eagle world that no one wanted.

Issued and sewn on ones do bring more. ( although there is debate over the use of tropical eagles on Field Grey uniforms ) - personally I believe some were used that way.
              http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

thanks Jerry-

The damage is to the rayon- not the eagle. The reason I'm confused is that I have seen lot listed without the rayon in bad shape for alot of money.

Thanks For any and all input!
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by b_vanfossen View Post

Thanks again,
                  Brian
                  Chances are that you are lumping the standard gray eagles together with the tropical tan eagles.

Unissied tropicals are common, uncluding those with the RZM tags. They fall at the low end of that price range. Gray eagles are far less common. They would fall in the middle of that range. Original gray eagles still on a piece of uniform material are particularly difficult to find and in high demand. They could demand prices toward the upper end of that range.

Comment

And keep in mind "rayon is bad shape" might equal "sewn on an used in combat" vs. "factory new cut from a roll that was made by a Polish war worker and taken by a US veteran that never saw an SS soldier" War used pieces are commanding more money in many cases than the mint examples.

Then again, there is also the "if its SS it must be expensive" logic. and some dealers tend to shoot for the moon.

sigpic

Comment

thanks for you help explaining it to me. I have been serious about daggers and not much into cloth.

I have only been looking at tropical eagle.... here's a link to a dealer with wide array of prices:

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Waffe...othMetal4.html

thanks

Comment

The items at this site are almost all consignment items, so the individual sellers set a price, and the owner tacks on a %. As many things sell ell there, some guys ask outrgous prices and hope...

sigpic

Comment

ahh. Thanks Jerry

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X