Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officer's O.Cap

Hi guys,
    I have seen for the first time this overseas cap several years ago....may be 10 or 12 in an old collection.
    Today the owner has proposed this cap to me.
    The construction is really good in my opinion and I really like this cap.My only concern is the lining color,so I have decided to post it here for yours opinion.

IMPORTANT!! I perfectly know that the Totenkopf is a well know fake, so please make focus on the cap.

Cheers
    Francesco
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Francesco; 09-18-2008, 03:21 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The outside of the cap appears okay. I'm not sure about that green lining though.

Francesco have you tried black lighting those exposed ends of the piping core? Where the piping joins and there are two fuzzy looking pieces of the core exposed. I always blacklight that core material to see if it glows. The recent fakes usually will light up like a Christmas tree in that area.

Comment

Hi Tony,thanks for your reply.
                            At the moment I haven't the cap in my hand and I can't try black on the piping core.
                            As I have wrote in my firs post I have seen this cap (in my hand) around 10/12 years ago so I would exclude that this can be a new copy.
                            What do you think about the silver piping? This do not have the typical ryon.Have you already seen one like this.

Tomorrow morning I call the cap's owner toask him to try to use the black light.

Thanks
                            Francesco
                            Originally posted by TonyS View Post
                            The outside of the cap appears okay. I'm not sure about that green lining though.

Francesco have you tried black lighting those exposed ends of the piping core? Where the piping joins and there are two fuzzy looking pieces of the core exposed. I always blacklight that core material to see if it glows. The recent fakes usually will light up like a Christmas tree in that area.

Comment

very difficult to judge.
                              strange material of piping, good embroided... but the cap is nice... could be a field upgrade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X