Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A pellowcase made of SS camo cloth....????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pellowcase made of SS camo cloth....????

found that a while ago...really don't know its use....

ale
    Attached Files

Attached Files
    Last edited by fic65; 09-12-2008, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

no idea for use most perhaps post war work, but Ale its look like you have bought new adidas

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
            no idea for use most perhaps post war work, but Ale its look like you have bought new adidas
            ...yes Arek...the old and nice Adidas.......I like them so much!

Ale

Comment

At the Front sells scrap SS cloth cuttings from it's production runs. This looks like some of those scraps were used to make a sack and extra strip.

Comment

Originally posted by leibermuster View Post
                At the Front sells scrap SS cloth cuttings from it's production runs. This looks like some of those scraps were used to make a sack and extra strip.
                This is genuine SS-camocloth, used postwar as pillow-cover. Over the years I have seen numerous simular expamples: heatable pillow, covered by waterpattern material; a simular sack made of same oakleaf material; a small wash-kit bag made of oakleaf "B" material; a friend found a complete matress besides a road in austria, covered in "Leibermuster"; a complete couch covered in "Leibermuster" (section from this material are to be seen in BeaverĀ“s book "Camoflage uniforms of the Waffen-SS", page 259, at the right top corner you can see the rusty holes caused by the staples; etc.

Here is another sack I have just picked up some days ago:
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                  This is genuine SS-camocloth
                  That is 100% correct of course. Comes from a latewar oak B zelt.

Cheers

Fritz

Comment

To sit on while hunting in the woods... Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                      This is genuine SS-camocloth, used postwar as pillow-cover. Over the years I have seen numerous simular expamples: heatable pillow, covered by waterpattern material; a simular sack made of same oakleaf material; a small wash-kit bag made of oakleaf "B" material; a friend found a complete matress besides a road in austria, covered in "Leibermuster"; a complete couch covered in "Leibermuster" (section from this material are to be seen in BeaverĀ“s book "Camoflage uniforms of the Waffen-SS", page 259, at the right top corner you can see the rusty holes caused by the staples; etc.

Here is another sack I have just picked up some days ago:
                      That is interesting about how they found the leibermuster material on the side of the road.
                      Your sack is great. I like the Sumpfmuster camo, I have a Czech zelt that is almost identical color and pattern. Also a backpack with non-adjustable straps made in the splinter A pattern.

Comment

A guy I know here in New Zealand who immigrated from Germany, told me that his mother worked in a factory in the 1950's making mattresses and other items covered in SS Camo. The factory had large stock piles of it which they had obtained for next to nothing after the war. Seemingly it is very suitable for such purposes because it is light weight yet hard wearing.

He still has a shirt made of "Leibermuster" which she made him as a boy. His mother made several articles of clothing for their family from it. He got her to make a jacket so he could play war like all boys do but it is now long gone.

Here in New Zealand we tell our children to put their empty pillow cases at the end of their beds when they go to sleep on Christmas eve and Santa Claus will fill them up. Perhaps if you put out the one which started this thread this Christmas then Santa may take the hint and fill it with pre-May 45 items made of the same sort of material

Oh ! one also has to behave during the year to get it filled

Interesting item, Chris
                        Last edited by 90th Light; 09-13-2008, 06:10 PM.

Comment

A couple of years after the Berlin wall came down I was at a German show when a dealer I know showed me some photos of mattresses made from DOT camouflage, they had been removed from a sanatorium somewhere in the former East Germany, they had been bought by a dealer friend of his, I wonder where they are or should I say what they are today!

Comment

I love it!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X