BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Finds Out of the Woodwork - Are they Real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big haul for a helmet guy, Tom.

Comment

Rank Tabs
      Attached Files

Comment

It all looks good to me..Congrats.

Glenn
        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Reverse of the rank tabs

Would it be wrong to ask what this stuff is worth (individually)? May I ask??
          Attached Files

Comment

LOL very nice find, Reinhard is the best

Comment

I agree Reinhard Heydrich is the gem here! Its in flatwire officer's quality!
              The BEST! Simply outstanding.
              For the volunteer collectors the enlisted Westland is not too shabby either (with RZM tag)
              Outstanding group! Congrats!

The medical trade insignia is the only non SS related piece of insignia (not diamond shaped),
              it could be Heer for on a HBT white tunic (or perhaps even RAD) but I guess Heer trained SS
              sanitater personnel could sometimes also wear Heer pattern trade patches if they graduated from Heer run schools!

If the sanitater abzeichen had been more round in shape (instead of oval) it could even be a Kriegsmarine piece,
              eventhough those were more commonly embroidered blue on a white round patch...
              (so perhaps an exotic hand embroidered piece for KM use? another theory)
              Last edited by NickG; 09-11-2008, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Very nice find, especially with the harder to find RH flatwire version.

I rate the NCO tab as an original tab also when the runes are not aligned to each other. The rank tabs don't have the right SS Litzen style sewn on, but I also assume it is right and just another example that not all has can be the "textbook" style. It was war and it was used what was available at these certain places.

Comment

Here's Olboeter wearing similar slanted runes..............looks like a photo, rather than a 'touch-up'.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Great cufftitles. I do find it interesting that there seems to be no major issues with the runic or rank tabs. I wonder if this would be the case if they were shown seperately and without the cufftitles and barnfind story to back them up. How many times have we seen extremely well done bullion work but if the runes do not conform to a particular defined shape or position we dismiss them? And how about all of the extra backing material on the tabs with non regulation litzen? I would think we would be screaming to the high heavens that these were reproductions. Guilt by association or in this case acceptance by association.

Just my thoughts for the day.

Greg

Comment

...........same angles.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Great insignia!! Would like to own those cuffs for sure! Congrats. Cheers, norge

Comment

The rank tabs I would not want in my collection and the bullion rune tab? Well, without a hands on, not for me. The quality is great. I agree on that one.

Most of the pics seen with the tilted style runes around a period doctored photos to make them look sexier. Most of the pics you see around are rather large portraits and not any "field" shots. Hence more worth it and easier to doctoer them. Hard to tell about the pic you posted Robin. They might be original after all.

Comment

Personally i like the bullion tab, would be a keeper for me. Little different from the norm but i think its a good one. A hands on would be esential but i think its a go. Matt

Comment

I agree that the tresse on both rank tabs is unconventional...lacks black lines, a far simpler design...(make shift theatre-field modified?)
                              but if its all from the same source, so I would take a gamble on it, as everything else is rock solid authentic!

Comment

I think all of it is good, it is nice to see some variation. IMO the HBT tab is Army and for the Oatmeal colored Drillich, maybe RH as well. The Cufftitles are the cherries, very nice.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X