SS Headgear Values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Headgear Values

I was wondering what the going ballpark value for the following SS headgear pieces was:
    Kepi
    Allg Visor (enlisted)
    WSS Visor (enlisted)
    WSS Sidecap (enlisted)
    WSS M-43 (enlisted)

Thanks!
    Eric

I'm sorry but what's the point in putting prices of these things on a public forum?
    If we say that e.g. the current value of an EM SS side cap is 4,000 USD the next time you'll see one available for sale they will want 4,000 USD for it, and not a cent less because on THAT forum they say that the value is 4,000 USD...
    IMO putting prices on public forums will only drive the price of these things even more upwards...

Take a look at prices of militaria sellers, there you will see actual prices.

Gerd V

Comment

No harm intended Gerd. I was just curious in case I ran into one of these items in my interviews with veterans.

Comment

prices

I don't see any harm in giving the guy a rough idea of what items are selling for. It isn't exactly a state secret. Just because an approximate value is mentioned on this forum, I believe it's commonly understood that the price may end up being much higher, or even lower in some cases. My 1934 era enlisted man's Allgemeine SS visor cap (lots of wear) cost me $500 25 years ago and is now around $5000. I bought an SS Panzer M-43 (Dachau style with the exposed cardboard on underside of bill) for $2495 about 6 months ago, and they're now between $3000 and $3500. Hope that helps.

Comment

Thank you so much. That is very helpful. Gives me a template to work with.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X