Patch work uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patch work uniform

I've had this tunic for some time, and never put much faith in it as it came in a package deal, and it wasn't paid much attention to. It has been upgraded at some point in time. There had been a police eagle on the left sleeve. I'm not sure if any of the insignia is any good, but then again I have no knowledge on SS insignia (the sleeve eagle is definately shyte). The collar has been changed to reflect the colour of the rest of the tunic, and it all appears to be period done. The tunic main body is lined with a brown sateen lining, while the sleeves are lined with the usual pin stripped material. If you look at the cuffs on the sleeves, they are not of the standard cut. Any comments? Feel free to rip it apart!
    Cheers,
    James
    Attached Files

One last photo

This was not able to be attached to the initial thread!
    Attached Files

Comment

James,
      sorry i do not like the set up, the uniform, the "SD" raute, the cuff title ect ect, Sorry,
      cheers,
      Gary

Comment

Hi Gary,
        No worries! I didn't expect great things with this item. I am curious about the tunic itself though. Had it not been for the false French style cuffs, it would be interesting. I think it might be period, as like I said, there is the outline and discolourization (or darker colour) where there was a poclie eagle.

Cheers,
        james

Comment

"Had it not been for the false French style cuffs, it would be interesting. I think it might be period,"

possibly, can you provide pictures of the inside of the jacket?, the ends of the cuff's both inside and out? and the back of the tunic
          cheers,
          Gary

Comment

Here is the inside and back of the tunic.
            Attached Files

Comment

This is the cuffs, inside and out. The cuff, as you can see, is all one piece, but it raises up at the back on the outside of the sleeve.

Cheers,
              James
              Attached Files

Comment

From photos of cuff seems there was some Tresse about them and cuffs looks to be lenghtened...
                Insignias are applied OK , shoulderboards looks to be period, "SD" is applied too high (probably due to strange form of cuffs)
                Tunic looks to be period, but probably not German (due to cuffs), but French (?) or Dutch (?).

Comment

Cuffs

Hi Jiri,

I know what you mean that it looks like there may have been tress there, but that is a wear mark from where the material on the inside of the sleeve is folded over and seamed together with the sleeve lining.

Cheers,
                  James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X