• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by james m View Post
    From Hitler and the Nazi leaders by John Lattimer, Physician at Nuremberg:
    Page 105:
    Jim
    Here is a more realistic example, not unlike the one you show, in another thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=254435

Comment

bwanek1
      The one I posted above with is pictured in Lattimers book is the one recovered from Gorings cell after he committed suicide. I don't think we can get much more realistic.
      Jim

Comment

Originally posted by james m View Post
        bwanek1
        The one I posted above with is pictured in Lattimers book is the one recovered from Gorings cell after he committed suicide. I don't think we can get much more realistic.
        Jim
        Settle down, Jim, and reread my post. I was supporting your reference, not refuting it.

The link I included in my response to your post was to show a realistic-looking one similar to the Goering example you showed.

My comment about "more realistic" was to contrast both the one you showed and the realistic-looking one discussed in that link with the one which started this thread and the comically bad skull-and-crossed-bones fantasy item shown in the link I posted earlier in this thread (as a joke). Those are the ones I was calling unrealistic, not Goering's. So, relax.
        Last edited by bwanek1; 09-04-2008, 06:04 PM.

Comment

bwanek1:
          I'm relaxed. It's Gorings ghost whose all stirred up.
          Jim

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
            Sorry, I realize that news was a bitter pill to swallow.
            So if the bird of peace is a dove.....

And the bird of wisdom is an owl.....

What is the bird of "true" love?????

Hee.......

(Now you know why I am no longer married.... oink)

Comment

Originally posted by Carson View Post
              So if the bird of peace is a dove.....

And the bird of wisdom is an owl.....

What is the bird of "true" love?????

Hee.......

(Now you know why I am no longer married.... oink)

The SWALLOW!

Bob Hritz
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

bite into the glass vial

Many years ago I remember a striking story in the national news about a gruesome find at the bottom of an deep chasm in a cave in Germany. What was found was the remains of a man with glass splinters in his jaws. It was concluded by German authorities to be the remains of an SS man on the run at the end of the war. They said he had stood at the edge of the precipice, bit into a glass vial of poison and jumped to his death at the same time.
                This was really in the news...but so long ago, I cant remember what year...but I never forgot the story!

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
                  Sorry, I realize that news was a bitter pill to swallow.

Comment

Zykoln B / explosive to boot

Hydrogen cyanide as a poison and chemical weapon

See also: cyanide poisoning
                    An HCN concentration of 300 mg/m3 in air will kill a human within a few minutes.[9] The toxicity is caused by the cyanide ion, which prevents cellular respiration. Hydrogen cyanide (under the brand name Zyklon B) was most infamously employed by the Nazi regime in the mid-20th century.

Hydrogen cyanide is commonly listed amongst chemical warfare agents that cause general poisoning.[10] As a substance listed under Schedule 3 of the Chemical Weapons Convention as a potential weapon which has large-scale industrial uses, manufacturing plants in signatory countries which produce more than 30 tonnes per year must be declared to, and can be inspected by, the OPCW.

Hydrogen cyanide gas in air is explosive at concentrations over 5.6%, equivalent to 56,000 ppm

Comment

Estimated worth of SS poison holder

With the auction still two days away. the highest bid so far is

1100.00 Euro

Comment

Bidding is at 1100 Euro at this point with two days to go.

Can you answer the question you posed yourself?

Comment

Those were sold by an outfit out of South Dakota. I have one and I bought it for about 100 dollars as a curiosity. The design was based on one that was said to be original and photographed in a book, although bogus SS markings were added by the maker and the piece was nicely acid aged.....I guess my example is real too now

John

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Waterman View Post
                            How do you tell a fake? and How much are these things worth?
                            A collector I know bought over 10 years ago a mapcase at a fleamarket. When checking it at home, he found a full cyanide-box in the ruler-pouch of the mapcase. It is made of alu, both ends are same size, no markings. At first look it looks like a plain bolt, app. 3cm long.
                            He traded it for a 3rd modell splinter FJ-smock. Back then some collectors had the opinion he made a verty good deal, while others said, he made a very bad deal... So whats its value?

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                              A collector I know bought over 10 years ago a mapcase at a fleamarket. When checking it at home, he found a full cyanide-box in the ruler-pouch of the mapcase. It is made of alu, both ends are same size, no markings. At first look it looks like a plain bolt, app. 3cm long.
                              He traded it for a 3rd modell splinter FJ-smock. Back then some collectors had the opinion he made a verty good deal, while others said, he made a very bad deal... So whats its value?
                              That container is a holder for replacement pencil leads for a dranfsmans pencil. They are commonly found in mapcases, because of tha ability to draw very fine lines.

Your friend did well and the owner of the pencil lead holder should be unhappy.

This is what happens when someone with little knowledge, and great money, tries to collect.

Bob Hritz
                              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Pencil lead holders

After reading this thread, I decided to trade my entire collection of pencil lead holders for a FJ or SS smock. What in the hell good is a stupid smock once your pencil runs out of lead? Interested parties please PM me.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X