Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS coffe cup.

Good day for all members.
    One seller offer to mee couple ss coffee cup.
    I haven't never see that cind of coffee cups, so i need some information.

What cind stamps or mademarks are in original cups.

I have two poor pictures from theese cups.
    First

Second

I' am sorry about poor pictures. Options please.

I hope this picture is better

Comment

Do anyone have options about these cups.
      I would be happy if i' get some information.

Comment

Cup

Can you post a close-up, more clear photo of the logo? The only companies I've ever seen that produced SS mess ware are "Bohemia" of Czechoslovakia,
        "Victoria", and "Bauscher-Weiden". Under the logo they also usually say "Waffen SS" or "SS-Reich". The items were more like heavy duty mess ware than a fancy tea cup such as this. I would be skeptical.

Comment

this looks not a canteen cup. i say hold it against light of window, you may see differeent tint of glaze between logo and waffen ss name. these are very much faked as i have one, but i drink my coffee from it at office now, waffen ss logo may well be added recent. last poster wise man{sorry forgive me i forget your name} he correct with makers, this may be ok, but do look too fancy, best, paul

Comment

Hello.

Thank you Paul.

These are my only pictures what i have. That seller don't have more pictures from these cups. Is there more good ways to know is these cups original or not. Do you members have pictures from yours cups and plates.

Kalle

Comment

well sad to say , unless you can run finger over logo and see if raised, i mean over and not under the glaze ,there no way to say, but these are not expensive, so dont pay to much. paul

Comment

There are so many fakes out there with this type of porcelain that I cant keep up. I see dealers getting 200.00 for an SS marked piece. Stupid money.

Problem is some of the originals were maker stamped and then a separate stamp applied for the organization. Some times they make it easy and apply SS markings to a D.A.F cup or some kind of hokey embellishment to make it easy to call. This piece could actually be correct but without it in hand? in hand?.

This stuff is all over the place and SS is rising and I will run away from most of it. $20.00? Ill take it. It is popping up everywhere with more bad than good. 200.00 for a piece of crockery? That go's a long way in Wal-Mart.

K

Comment

The few SS coffee mugs i have seen were same design than normal Wehrmacht mugs,heavy duty ones.And the maker was Bauscher-Weiden.
                  Last edited by jiipee76; 09-02-2008, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Teacup

Please don't fall into the age-old trap of wanting it to be real so badly it clouds your judgement. If you bought the cup, you'd ALWAYS be wondering if it was real, and that would ruin the purchase. I'd stick to the KNOWN manufacturers that I mentioned, and I'm pretty sure the logo on authentic pieces is almost always UNDER the glaze. Now it's always possible some high ranking officers sat around with a fancy cup, having a spot of tea, their pinkies extended, saying something like, "Why, yes, my good fellow"........ in German, of course, but this scenario does not appear cricket to me. SS mess ware is usually of more heavy-duty thickness, like something you'd expect to see in an old cafeteria.
                    I'd run from this one. I've enclosed some pics of my bowl. It's VERY thick and heavy, with lots of utensil scratches.
                    Attached Files

Comment

SS Mess ware

Same bowl (approximately 8" diameter)....
                      Attached Files

Comment

These cups seem not good for me. Sorry.

This is a variant of the maker mark for SS-Reich.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for all, from information and pictures.

best regards
                          Kalle

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X