No announcement yet.

Ärmelschield der Finnischen Freiwilligen der Waffen SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also check Olli Wikbergs, Meine ehre heisst treue page 93 for a good clear shot of the three original shields.

You can clearly see the differences........

Comment

Hi I do have the book "Meine ehre heisst treue" written by Olli Wikberg and I also have the German made Finnish shield. Well I'm not convinced yet bacause it could be the crappy picture taken on the item the embroidery looks good anyway I leave at that.

Rene Chavez
      http://axis101.bizland.com

Comment

I tell you man these are the new high end fakes, haven´t you heard about them???
        They have made other volunteer insiginas too, to Wehrmacht and they are very very good quality fakes, does not glow under UV and so on.....high quality. The Hvratska shields and other national shields.

My opinion is firm and of course you are entitled to yours.

I would not like to have this shield in my collection.

EDIT:
        Of course the crappy pictures are a factor here, but my motto is better safe than sorry.
        Last edited by Peppe864; 09-01-2008, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peppe864 View Post
          I tell you man these are the new high end fakes, haven´t you heard about them???
          They have made other volunteer insiginas too, to Wehrmacht and they are very very good quality fakes, does not glow under UV and so on.....high quality. The Hvratska shields and other national shields.

EDIT:
          Of course the crappy pictures are a factor here, but my motto is better safe than sorry.
          Hi is there any other forum or dealer site that have these co-called high end fakes specifically the Finnish RZM type please do tell? By the way do you a have a RZM Finnish shield if so post it?

Anyway I already have one in my collection and if I didn't I would have bought this one!

V/R
          Rene Chavez
          Http;//axis101.bizland.com

Comment

Here are my Finnish shields:

Rene Chavez

Comment

Originally posted by Peppe864 View Post

EDIT:
              Do you have pictures of some of these other new fakes?

Comment

Very interesting shield, but two things bother me:

1. I never heard of volunteer shields to be with rzm tags.
                2. If you note, the details around the lion's mouth, sword and elbow are not as crisp as on the patch from Peter's site.

Comment

Hi Askold these shields are RZM regulated shields. On page 53 of Olli Wikberg's book illustrate a German made shield with tag. Like I said nothing wrong with the shield!

Salute
                  Rene Chavez

Comment

Here is an original shield.
                    Attached Files

Comment

backside I have only seen 1 other shield with a tag on it and I believe it was post war applied also as it was the wrong series. It was an F This shield was purchased from Dave Delich in the late 80s at that time there were believed to be only 3 originals of this pattern known 2 in the Netherlands and 1 in Daves possesion He was later offered 1 of the Netherlands ones and then sold me one of his. The one in Cloth Insignia is considered a repro
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rene, thanks for leting me know about the rzm tags - I learned something new. However I am still concerned with the shapness of the embroidery.

Comment

A very good fake IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by nutmeg View Post
                            Do you have pictures of some of these other new fakes?
                            At this moment I do not have access to my pictures, but I know that I have them somewhere on my hard drives at my house, I can check, but if I remember correctly they have been discussed on the forum before, I will try to do a search for the old threads. I think they are called the second or third generation fakes, made very skillfully.

Comment

Peppe, I believe you are right, quite scaring to see such a well done repro. By the way here is mine.
                              Attached Files
                              Looking for any original items related to Danish W-SS volunteers

Comment

Reverse
                                Attached Files
                                Looking for any original items related to Danish W-SS volunteers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X