SD Diamond - Good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD Diamond - Good?

A friend of mine wants to buy this SD diamond from me. Before I think about doing that, I want to make sure it is good.

What do you think?
    Attached Files

back side with RZM tag:
    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

The base materials and stictching isnt even close to the one i got from a vet.This may be good, but i wouldnt buy one for the big buck unless it looked like this, on front and back . Ill show you what i mean. Look at differences in stitching , also in how the front and back looks. heres the front knap.
        Last edited by juoneen; 08-30-2008, 08:13 PM.

Comment

the back material

Comment

Comment

back enhances to show grain, and stitches

Comment

seems the stitching of letters is too close at tops and bottom between letters. I am no expert, but i do know mine is totally original, and yours is much different by observation. Your back stitch is opposite on back thread color edges compared to middle , as mine is . As i said im not saying yours isnt right, just much different, and im glad i dont have to try and find one thats real today. mine was another in the stuff I got from the guy who liberated buchenwald. I had 3 still have 2. (neither for sale ) I think the thread was reversed in the embroidery machine as mine is grey on the front SD, yours is white, and grey is in the center of back stitch . front is wrong color to me at least compared to the one i have , does anyone know if the difference in color matters..... instead of being the grey to be white. Could this be a factory screw up for the wrong bobbins placed in the reverse(possible explanation, and mine has no tag, neither of the 3 had tags. May possibly be a variation ,If this is the case(?) make it rarer. just thought id throw that out to see what anyone has anything else to say,as i could be all wet. juoneen
                Last edited by juoneen; 08-30-2008, 08:16 PM. Reason: adding to/ spelling

Comment

Juoneen, thanks for posting yours, but I'm not sure you have a valid arguement. Sure, yours is for sure real by the source. But there were many manufacturers of SD diamonds and they would not all necessarily look like yours, so that is not necessarily the standard to go by.

How about this guys, is there any problem with the RZM tag? And surely others on the forum have other variation SD diamonds to compare, or?

Tom

Comment

Good heavens. There have been dozens of legit SD diamonds on the forum over the years with different stitching, different letter alignment, and etc.

I recall one debate over a visible thread-connect between the letters as absoulte proof of fakery. Insanity.

Research the subject, and you will find several ribald arguments.

It's pretty hard to argue with this tag, in my limited opinion.

I like it.

Comment

both rautes are FINE

Comment

I do agree, its also always interesting to look closely at ones on uniforms as seen in actual wear ,from the period in photgraphs. Most of the styles of the diamonds Ive seen in photos, usually have the slightly wider space between the letters. I agree theres got to be many variants I just have my own preferences for what ive found first hand,as I dont want to insinuate his is not correct as Im not an expert and thats far from my intent. Just making a comment on the slight difference, so it was not not meant to seem negative. Whatever one prefers is what one will buy when the chance arises, as long as its original ,and its time to peel off the greens .I did notice the S curve at the bottom wasnt as smoothely radias'ed , but At least the buyer knows the diamond is a good one. and also means I just havent ever found one with a tag yet. I guess I almost have to read the whole forum, before discussing things as the early forum members must get so bored with the repetition of questions they have heard repeated a thousand times, and get bored giving the same old answers .

Comment

It is, in fact, most useful to research the Forum before posting a question. Many questions have been discussed in depth here in the past, including this one.

But I think the old-timers relish an opportunity to expand on their knowledge, and rightly so. Doubt they are bored.

Try to view as many organic, original SD uniforms as possible; even without benefit of the backside, you will see many varieties.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X