SS Insignia from tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Insignia from tunic

Here is some insignia removed from a tunic. All input appreciated!
    Attached Files

Photos

Additional photos
    Attached Files

Comment

Last 2

Originally posted by esatterfield
      Additional photos
      Last 2
      Attached Files

Comment

Eric;

If the runic tab is for sale, I'd like to purchase it. Please PM me.
        Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Also,

The photos are somewhat poor, but the only other piece I believe to be authentic is the sleeve eagle. The chevron is most likely Panzer and not SS.
          Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Bart
            The chevron is most likely Panzer and not SS.
            Tony,
            Your comment struck me curious, what is the difference between and an "SS" chevron and an "Army" panzer chevron? I never realized there was an accepted difference. For my own part, I always believed there was no real way to tell. Both used black wool backing, and there are numerous examples of tresse (aluminum, grey, etc.) that were used by both...John

Comment

John;

I may be mistaken, but don't SS chevrons have a slight black thread running through them, similar to that of an Old Fighters chevron??? Here's a photo of the obverse of a tropical Rottenfuhrers chevron. Perhaps the black threads running through it denotes something else?
              Attached Files
              Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Tony,

I am with John on the Panzer SS chevron discussion, I do not believe that you can be specific on whether a chevron is SS or PANZER I think they are interchangeable. I have attached a Sturman Chevron sewn to tunic(original to it not upgraded) which has army tresse on black. I once owned a Autumn pattern anorak with a mouse grey subdued tresse chevron sewn to the sleeve.

Originally posted by Tony Barto
                John;

I may be mistaken, but don't SS chevrons have a slight black thread running through them, similar to that of an Old Fighters chevron??? Here's a photo of the obverse of a tropical Rottenfuhrers chevron. Perhaps the black threads running through it denotes something else?
                Attached Files

Comment

That's what keeps the hobby interesting. There's always something new to learn!
                  Best regards,

Tony

Comment

esatterfield ,
                    are you going to put the items and the tunic on the e-stand?
                    cheers,
                    gary

Comment

Tunic

Originally posted by Gary Wood
                      esatterfield ,
                      are you going to put the items and the tunic on the e-stand?
                      cheers,
                      gary
                      The stripped tunic and the fake boards will be on the e-stand next week.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X