What do the SS guys think?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=308159
    Attached Files

Statue

Probably real. Looks OK!

Comment

no idea good or not ,but its looks like a fantastic item for display

Comment

Big Piece. You need better photo's of the dedication and what the material is. 2800 Euro requires some detailed photo's. The top right and left arms of the wreath, the dedication, the material, the rune application, is it solid? plated?, mounted?.

Looks like its damaged, if it is then you need to look at those runes and their application as it looks like an Olympic piece, possibly dressed up.

It is interesting for sure.
        Last edited by Vid; 08-28-2008, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Although this un-official "artsy" stuff is heavily faked, I really like this one so far!

Comment

There are a ton of piece's that look like this with full Laurel wreath. If the top of that wreath was present at one time there would be no way break that and leave the runes intact. If that was a full wreath its a problem.

Its not a 500.00 piece, its 4200.00 U.S. I would approach this with real caution. Maybe its good but wreath and runes first, then the material and the dedication.

If that is pot metal? Forget it.

jmo

Comment

I don't think I will be reaching for my wallet; it looks like a complete fantasy item to me.

Even if the statue itself is old, I bet the runes are not original to the piece. They could easily have been added and then the entire piece replated.
              Also, take a look at that plate on the base. It hardly fits properly and it's even crooked - not exactly the high quality work one would expect on a TR presentation piece.

Comment

Yes, I am a skeptic as well. This is why i think Photos for ALL items should be required on the estand. Same thread shows many items listed with NO pics at all.

Comment

Odd configuration, the Runes must be coming out of the statues hand grasping the wreath.

Comment

A very dangerous area of collecting.
                    I have seen one original wedding present to one SS officer group I own.
                    This present looked also kind of fantasy but it was top original.
                    When I would't know the history about it with the real proof I would to be afraid to spend my money on. Maybe the seller has some more info about it.

Comment

The way the post started I thought Sal liked the piece for himself.

The piece is not fantasy, its probably not even re-plated. I am more curious as to what was destroyed to achieve it.

This is an Olympic figure that was enhanced, since it was a cast piece the upper arms of the wreath would have had to been touched up showing tooling of some sort, the runes are not going to be cast and are probably cut out of some other metal and applied, most likely in poor fashion.

The base is not good at all and either from some cheap decor or a trophy shop, which means the mount is probably screwed up. The dedication plaque is most likely bad as an original "Bad Tolz" plaque placed on another more appropriate figure would certainly be worth more trouble and money.

The material, is probably pot metal, and although many good pieces used alloys and pot metals, Olympic pieces are generally just o.k pieces as they were mass produced, whether they be metal or porcelain. So chances are this is some inexpensive material. An SS presentation?. I don't think so.

Its a souped up generic Olympic model.
                      Last edited by Vid; 08-29-2008, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Hi Guys,

thanks for all the comment and those which are still will come....
                        I will add some pics here for further disc.

Thanks, kai
                        Attached Files

Comment

another
                          Attached Files

Comment

and another
                            Attached Files

Comment

pic e
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X