Clear All

tab forum judged as good yesterday

back of same

Comment

found in garbage Nj. 1978 by 10 year old

Comment

closer look at tote

Comment

a new mountain edeveis from the garbage bin nj.

Comment

like american patches a whiteback stitched

Comment

more garbage we would all like to find thrown out

20 tinnies, a bunch of patches, pins, tabs, 3 books, and all thrown away after the son of a vet died. The ten year old kid, was wise to take this box home, and he kept it for over 30 years.Sorry I dont have any for sale. i appreciate you asking. Rather have this stuff, than the cash. wouldnt you.juoneen.

Comment

tell me where to post the tinnies

I will show the tinnies , for the tinnie guys out there tomorrow sometime as time permits. Most all the tinnies have makers marks on the round pin bases, and some are way cool as far as tinnies go. also found in the trash. Chicago , and boston have a weekend every summer where they have the public set things out on the curb, and people drive around , and load up the cars and trucks with everything others hate to throw away, but would like someone to have . I saw a guy get an army stahlelm once off a pile of throw aways, also at the dump once long ago. Dont be afraid to look in the trash when you throw yours out, you might bring home more trash than you threw away.Glad that kid did, arent you? anybody ever see anything like that also? I love true trash storys of treasure resued from the landfills. Dumps may be the gold mines of the future.juoneen
                Last edited by juoneen; 08-28-2008, 02:38 AM. Reason: corrections

Comment

tab back material treated with varnish?

Comment

thanks to forum members who gave opinion yesterday

My thanks go out to all forum posters that commented on the poor photos of these tabs yesterday, as even in a bad photos you guys can smell the originals thru the blurr.. I felt like one of the crew, even being a new forum gawker myself. Thanks goes out to you where thanks are due. Thanks for the assistance,and you know who you are. Juoneen
                    Last edited by juoneen; 08-28-2008, 02:06 AM. Reason: spelling corrections

Comment

...imagine all the things that don't get saved and do make it to the dump!

Nice stuff.

Comment

I agree, it is amazing what some people do.
                        Sons and grandsons selling their relatives belongings and the family history for a few dollars or even worse throws it in the dust bin.

In Sweden about a year ago, a box with collar tabs and patches and letters from a Swedish Waffen SS vet was trown in the fire to conceal the family history because of an important local politician in the family. Atleast thats a reason even if it is a terrible thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                          I agree, it is amazing what some people do.
                          Sons and grandsons selling their relatives belongings and the family history for a few dollars or even worse throws it in the dust bin.

In Sweden about a year ago, a box with collar tabs and patches and letters from a Swedish Waffen SS vet was trown in the fire to conceal the family history because of an important local politician in the family. Atleast thats a reason even if it is a terrible thing to do.
                          Agree 100%.
                          I've met a lot of Free french vets (1st and 2nd Armored div) and most of the time what they brought back ended up in garbage when they got old...

Juoneen that's a sweet box!!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X