E-stand insignia on fur cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-stand insignia on fur cap

Can we please have a discussion on these insignia, on a fur cap, for sale on the e-stand? Jacques Link http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post2802373

the skull is crude and weird at first glance. need further manifying zoom in to confirm this point.

Comment

I agree with Brad .... based on those photos neither insignia are original in my opinion. Possibly an original Heer cap tarted up for the $$$$$.

Ian.

Comment

ss cap insignia

Looks like a pigeon head to me and a Deschler copy.

Comment

Its a $225-$275 Heer pile cap with a bad pigeon head eagle...
          Can't comment for sure on the skull but its not matching the eagle in patina (mis-match) ...and probably also just as bad...
          this based on what the other members are posting here!
          Sorry!

Comment

Hi all,

Note that I have uploaded more detailed photos of the tin eagle and death head. As I said, I purchased this item from Manions for a nice sum, so I can only go off of what they told me. Hope this helps. If it is worth less, that is worth knowing, as I'm not a headgear collector.

Cheers!
            Astarr
            <!-- / message -->

Comment

astarr- thank you for adding more pictures. I'm sorry if it turns out this is not what you thought it to be...

Brian

Comment

Insignia are 100% bad ... sorry to hear you got stiffed by Manions .... any chance of a refund ? How long ago was it ?

Sorry, Ian.

Comment

Too long ago for a refund. I typically stick to books from Manions, which have all been fantastic (and much harder to forge). Well, I guess a sucker is born everyday. Maybe I can use it as a cat toy.

Cheers,
                  Astarr

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X