Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

I swear I never tire of these! Once frowned upon these are now gaining in popularity an are still the cheapest of all ss headgear. sadly, so many are destroyed for insignia hungry fakers/restorationists. I just love the many variations of insignia used & the differences in shape material etc. Funny, but you'll see many different variations of insignias used on the red fez. However, on field grey/green ones its almost always the combo seen here......
      Attached Files

Comment

What a great looking fez family! I had a green fez with a very narrow-headed skull (the smaller type), and have a field-worn beat example that has a undersized TK as well. They really do have every type of TK/eagle combo under the sun.

Thanks for showing yours, RD. s/f Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
          green and shades of Red/maroon are all I've seen them in, and I believe those were the only colors for the wool body. The sweat bands I have seen in tan leather, tan artificial leather, black leather,artificial leather, maroon, and dark brown leather.

This is different than the pearl white, but i don't think these are officers models - though they may be. s/f Robert
          I still remember back in the early 90s (91-92?) A fez with DEFINATE flatwire insignia walked into the reading PA show. I seem to remember the insignia being hand applied though. I remember every one balking at it & the guy wanted I think $600.00 for it.Man those were the days huh?

Comment

BTW Robert heres the chalk like number a "5" (thought it was 4...Im gettin old man....) lol
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RD Rygaard View Post
              I still remember back in the early 90s (91-92?) A fez with DEFINATE flatwire insignia walked into the reading PA show. I seem to remember the insignia being hand applied though. I remember every one balking at it & the guy wanted I think $600.00 for it.Man those were the days huh?
              Those were the days alright! I saw one of the heavy silver thread woven types like you'd see on an overseas cap and matching eagle, with machine sewn insignia. It was at the Quartermasters Store in San Diego in the early 1980's, and was reasonable. Wisely, I passed on it - and been kicking myself since.

s/f Robert

Comment

thank you gentlemen for such a nice fezes parade The fez is my favourite piece of W-SS headgear. I'm hoping one day to be lucky enough to get one but truly I'd like to have both styles in maroon and green one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X