A Pair of New Fezes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Pair of New Fezes!

These are new arrivals to the family - two fezes that came from the same estate. They have a more silver look to the insignia than the pearl white types, and are made from a smooth wool instead of the furrier, thicker types. The sweatband on the green example shows use, and it is a thicker leather and wider than those I have owned in the past. The maroon version has a narrow maroon leather sweatband that is really attractive, and the same type of silver toned eagle and skull arrangement. The walking out version also has a large "8" chalked on the inside.

Anyway - I think the different sweatband materials were worthy of sharing for those of us that are more familiar with the tan leather and artificial black leather types. Regards, Robert
    Attached Files

front insignia
    Attached Files

Comment

The thread is there, but the tassel is loose -
      Attached Files

Comment

In hand, the sweat is very evident in the forehead area - a feature I like! Note the broad pebbled sweatband.
        Attached Files

Comment

walking out fez -
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Maroon thick leather sweatband -
              Attached Files

Comment

No size marking I'm familiar with.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
                  No size marking I'm familiar with.
                  I have one marked just like it (almost like chalk or paint) with a "4" which worked out to be approx "54" Im sure check yours is a size "58" ie "8" Very nice ones I might add!

Comment

Originally posted by RD Rygaard View Post
                    I have one marked just like it (almost like chalk or paint) with a "4" which worked out to be approx "54" Im sure check yours is a size "58" ie "8" Very nice ones I might add!
                    Thanks very much for that insight. I can measure it against a size 58 cap and see how we close it is. regards, Robert

Comment

Very nice find, Robert.

Bob Hritz
                      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Ditto and also for chalk size ghost...Billbert

Comment

I like them a lot. Good as gold. What other colors were there .It seems ive heard people talk about another color used, or am i imagining things. If these have a metallic look tot eh eaglesetc, could they be a rare officers version.?Mine are both the regular whitish bevo type you mentioned ,with the rayon looking thread.

Comment

green and shades of Red/maroon are all I've seen them in, and I believe those were the only colors for the wool body. The sweat bands I have seen in tan leather, tan artificial leather, black leather,artificial leather, maroon, and dark brown leather.

This is different than the pearl white, but i don't think these are officers models - though they may be. s/f Robert
                            Last edited by RobertE; 08-23-2008, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X