Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pics on allgemaine ss with medals wanted

HI all.
    I would like to see pics of Allgemaine ss troops with medals on their tunics. I would be realy glad if you could show a pic where the 8 years treue dienst medal is shown.
    Best and many thanks

Allgemeine-ss could not receive the 8 year service medal,they received the NSDAP Dienstauszeichnungen.
    Only full time members of the Waffen-ss could receive them.

According to Robin Lumsdens"medals and decorations of hitlers germany",there arent any period photos of the 8yr being worn.

Lumsden isnt the most accurate author at times,so i cant say how much truth there is in that statement but i havent seen any.

regards Keifer

Comment

strange

Originally posted by keifer kahn
      Allgemeine-ss could not receive the 8 year service medal,they received the NSDAP Dienstauszeichnungen.
      Only full time members of the Waffen-ss could receive them.

According to Robin Lumsdens"medals and decorations of hitlers germany",there arent any period photos of the 8yr being worn.

Lumsden isnt the most accurate author at times,so i cant say how much truth there is in that statement but i havent seen any.

regards Keifer
      So the as I see it first part of ss coludnĀ“t wear the ss medal and waffen ss next to never worn the medal so should this one be counted to non- portable medals as some luftwaffe plaques? Was the medal given and put in a drawer at the recipients home or what did they do with it? The medal was awarded during the entire war, right?
      Best

Comment

Hi,
        No ,the SS long service medals werent issued during the war.They were infact superseded by the Wehrmacht long service awards on the 1st sept 1939.
        There isnt a lot of evidence to support the fact they were issued in any great numbers.All indications are that they werent bestowed to any real degree.
        The closest i have to photographic evidence of these being worn any time on parade is a photo from a uk magazine series entitled"Hitlers Third Reich".(midsummer books LTD),in a section entitled "schutzstaffel personalities".It is a modern day photo of a parade medal set worn by Obergruppenfuhrer August frank(medals=WW1ek2,KVK2ndclass,WW1honorcross,SS8y ear,NSDAPlongservicebronze,memelmedal,oct1stmedal) .It does include a period studio portrait of frank but in the pic he is wearing the the ribbon bar equivalent.

regards keifer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X