Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal Insignias TK+Eagle

Hello Friends

please any opinions for this zinc metal insignias.

And what maker is it? Assman unmarked or ..?

Thanks all and regards Milan

Originally posted by milan12 View Post
    Hello Friends

please any opinions for this zinc metal insignias.

And what maker is it? Assman unmarked or ..?

Thanks all and regards Milan
    Yes, zinc Assmann insigna. Could be marked or unmarked.

Brad

Comment

You sure on that skull Brad ??

Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
        You sure on that skull Brad ??

Ian.
        Hi, Ian,

I have taken another look and I still see nothing wrong with it. However, I could be missing something; are you seeing something in particular, which causes you concern?

Brad

Comment

I see what appear to me to be crease marks above the eye sockets and chin and also the detail of the nose is odd (raised ?) and poorly formed. Perhaps this skull's been flattened and then re bent or something ?

The overall appearance seems similar to the alledged Latvian fakes with the 'evil' look to them the matching eagle is the one off the Muppets that slips my mind. Could be wrong ... I'm out of practice by 3 weeks !

Ian.

Comment

while we are on assman tk topic, can please advise if this is a good one, Brad? I am hopeless on assman makes

baddie.jpg

Comment

I see what appear to me to be crease marks above the eye sockets and chin...Perhaps this skull's been flattened and then re bent or something
              I hadn't noticed that (it seems to have a bit of a furrowed brow), but I have to say that it doesn't bother me. It could be the result of some previous deformation as you suggest or it could simply be a phantom on the digital image of some sort.

...and also the detail of the nose is odd (raised ?) and poorly formed.
              The raised rim surrounding the nose opening is a normal characteristic of Assmann skulls. On some, it is more pronounced than others. I generally have found it more obvious on the GES. GESCH. marked version than the unmarked version, but I wouldn't claim to be able to determine which is which based solely on looking at that feature. Here is an original, which I used to own, that has a very similar nose:

The overall appearance seems similar to the alledged Latvian fakes with the 'evil' look to them the matching eagle is the one off the Muppets that slips my mind.
              If you are referring to Sam here and his partner, I think you will see far more significant differences than similarities:

Comment

Originally posted by SSgentleman View Post
                while we are on assman tk topic, can please advise if this is a good one, Brad? I am hopeless on assman makes

[ATTACH]1022607[/ATTACH]
                I see no problems with that one either, based on the photo.

Comment

Point taken ... that was the one I was thinking of ... no similarities I can see now.

Too much beach time

Ian.

Comment

The first set in this thread is 100% original Assmann. SSgentleman, could you please post a shot of the reverse side of the one that you posted?

Thanks! Chris

Comment

Chris,
                      the skull was on a waffen ss visor and was recently sold. wish i could see the back too to re-affirm my doubts.
                      Originally posted by SScollector View Post
                      The first set in this thread is 100% original Assmann. SSgentleman, could you please post a shot of the reverse side of the one that you posted?

Thanks! Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X