No announcement yet.

LAH cyphers from the e-stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

these were originally purchased from bil shea who got them from John donovan. I know that these have been through the hands of very well known collectors who have been doing this for a long time. If someone or them could chime in that would be great.
    thank you
    Evan
    Last edited by evan_880; 08-19-2008, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Hi Evan-

There's not much to say...both cyphers are original.

John

Comment

that is what i thought but as with everyone there is opinions. is there any "rule" or something to look for or can these be different styles. i for one second did not think this was fake and still dont. so i hope more experts can give their word and maybe see this in hand. thanks John
        Evan

Comment

Evan and all -

I am taking them Saturday to have tgn and a few other advanced collectors view them IN HAND. My hope is the consensus is that they are real, because several knowledgable folks seem to back them 100%.

All the best - Mike

Comment

The meeting of the uber-collectors has conviened and these cyphers are unquestionable originals.

Comment

Cyphers

Originally posted by sdkfz247 View Post
              The meeting of the uber-collectors has conviened and these cyphers are unquestionable originals.
              That is correct. Having these in hand made it possible to determine their originality in only a few seconds.
              Peter

Comment

Thank you again Peter for everything!

Mike

Comment

yes i knew they were. glad to hear!

Comment

Hi Peter, by your post I assume that you had the metal LAH cypher in hand. A close up pic of the cypher looks as though it is cast instead of stamped , thanks Sonny

Comment

Metal Cypher

Originally posted by Sonny View Post
                      Hi Peter, by your post I assume that you had the metal LAH cypher in hand. A close up pic of the cypher looks as though it is cast instead of stamped , thanks Sonny
                      The cypher is made from aluminum and has a copper underside (CuPAL) It is stamped and is a beauty, and yes, I had it in hand. I love it!
                      Peter

Comment

I also had this cypher in hand, and it is a real beauty. This is a classic example of how misleading photos can be in determining if something is genuine or not.

Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X