????

??????

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
    German tailors used a least metric measurements

Comment

Funny

Es war nur ein Witz. I though it was funny ! Good one Robert

Comment

Congrats on getting it and restoring it to its former glory! Way nicer now wit proper Heer insignia. Such restoration projects are fun!
        Did you keep the Latvian sleeve shield? if so, can you post a close up image of it?

Comment

Sure, here are a couple of pics of the shield

Originally posted by NickG View Post
          Congrats on getting it and restoring it to its former glory! Way nicer now wit proper Heer insignia. Such restoration projects are fun!
          Did you keep the Latvian sleeve shield? if so, can you post a close up image of it?
          Thanks for the kind words..I haven't sewn the insignia on yet because I'm looking for a little better match regarding condition in collar tabs..I need them a tad more worn before it will be quiet right..

The shield is here front and back....

and as it was..

Comment

Thanks for the additional images BUT I would not trust that Latvian shield..looks like its been aged by razor-blading the material to create some bold spots here and there....inconsistent wear...
            These shield were sometimes crudely made, but this one is not convincing to me...
            Here some text book ones that I used to own! Can't go wrong with these types! (sold to another WAF member in the mean time)
            Good call to fix it back to Heer!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NickG; 02-22-2009, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by NickG View Post
              Thanks for the additional images BUT I would not trust that Latvian shield..looks like its been aged by razor-blading the material to create some bold spots here and there....inconsistent wear...
              These shield were sometimes crudely made, but this one is not convincing to me...

Good call to fix it back to Heer!

Thanks.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X