Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light blue EM SS shoulderboards

Hi,

Could I please have your opinion on these? The pics are a bit too bright, but it's light blue piping.
    Two different types of Feldgrau wool have been used on the undersides: on one board it's German Feldgrau wool and on the other it's the more blue-ish -green Italian wool...

kind regards,
    Gerd V
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

i have never seen orginal straps with such a piping.

In my opinion an attempt to copy rayon straps like these example:
                Attached Files

Comment

I posted a set, which I had my doubts about, with the exact same construction traits awhile ago. Based an the comments on that, which uniformly condemned it, I have to say these are not good. For me as a novice, I always look first to the construction of the buttonholes, and these are . Jacques

Comment

nice boards

Comment

In my 'mistakes box' I have 2 or three pair like this. The button holes are made upside-down, with the correct top sewing on the underside of the board and the the correct underside buttonhole weave on the top of the board.

I always wondered if they were not errors made in the camps and we have condemmed them as not being textbook. Well, it really only matters what collectors accept, so you must pass on them.

Bob Hritz
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Bob Hritz; 08-18-2008, 06:17 PM.
                      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Top detail with buttonhole sewing that should be on underside of board..

Bob Hritz
                        Attached Files

Comment

Underside with buttonhole embroidery that should be on top side.

Bob Hritz
                          Attached Files

Comment

look in the fake thread they are there, some were even marked with a SS-BW stamp
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-18-2008, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood View Post
                              look in the fake thread they are there, some were even marked with a SS-BW stamp
                              These came from an East Coast(NJ)dealer of dubious repute in the early to mid eighties. The same one that brought you the fake Italian SS eagles with the rounded fletching feathers. He had close ties to JF and sprinkled them amongst dealers at shows for about 25.00 US a pair. I unfortunately have a few in my box too. Which I am sure is bigger than Bill's. The dealer was always pretty close ,but no cigar in the end. If I remember correctly he did a good job on black heer panzer side caps too. The ones with the fake insignia on them , then torn off to appear de-nazified by the Russians. I am no expert but, I understand these were done real well.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X