• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxed A-SS visor!

HI,
    what do you think of this one, nice original but.... 11k

http://www.oakleafmilitaria.com/088h4.html

it's around 5k the box! On the other hand, how much boxed A-SS have we seen ?
    Last edited by Pascal Bernhard; 08-18-2008, 06:21 AM.
    Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
    - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

real, yes, unissed yes, so to me no personal history behind it, so not get me exicted, paul

Comment

SS EM Hat

Originally posted by outcast View Post
      real, yes, unissed yes, so to me no personal history behind it, so not get me exicted, paul
      What kind of personal history do you expect from an Allgemeine SS EM Visor? It is very exciting to me as is.
      Peter

Comment

Originally posted by outcast View Post
        unissued it's not sure...the sweatband show us wear traces, but perhaps 2 times...it's the cap for the walk-out uniform.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Great piece and great price

Comment

They are insanely overpriced. All that glitters is not gold with this site either. In this case a very nice cap but the price is crazy although someone with more money than brains will buy it. They always do.

Comment

Cap

Just wear the cap a few years, and it will acheive the desired personal history.

Comment

Allgemeine SS Hats

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
                  They are insanely overpriced. All that glitters is not gold with this site either. In this case a very nice cap but the price is crazy although someone with more money than brains will buy it. They always do.
                  Insanely overpriced? The RZM Allgemeine officers hat in nice condition is now 15K. A near mint EM at $10-11K is right in there, especially with what looks like the issue box.
                  Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                    Insanely overpriced? The RZM Allgemeine officers hat in nice condition is now 15K. A near mint EM at $10-11K is right in there, especially with what looks like the issue box.
                    Peter

You know, it's kind of funny when you think about this - how many people out there HONESTLY spend this much cash on something like this for their collection nowadays? I don't doubt there are some - wouldn't it be nice to know for a fact just how many there really are? I really doubt that most of us working-stiffs here could genuinely say that we are of such comfortable status to do so - but kudos to those that are. These things are without a doubt exciting, but personally, if this is the way ALL of these things are going, all the more reason to keep me simply "watching from the sidelines" . . .

Brad

P.S. I don't doubt that someone will be adding this cap to their collection soon - it would be a great addition. And yes, it would also be nice to know just how many "high-roller's" are really out there . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                      Peter
                      People offer me visors all the time as most know that is my thing. Before they go to dealer sites or stand. If I wait I can guarantee I will be offered a nice if not mint EM/NCO Alg for much, much less. In fact the last one offered to me (2 months ago) was a dead mint contract for $6,000. If you are paying $11K for an EM/NCO enjoy it. As for the box, it could be for any cap civil or military. The only connection to the cap is a small tag glued on with the same size. Size 54 was probably one of the most common sizes. The box could be from anything.

Comment

$

People offer me visors all the time as most know that is my thing. Before they go to dealer sites or stand. If I wait I can guarantee I will be offered a nice if not mint EM/NCO Alg for much, much less. In fact the last one offered to me (2 months ago) was a dead mint contract for $6,000. If you are paying $11K for an EM/NCO enjoy it. As for the box, it could be for any cap civil or military. The only connection to the cap is a small tag glued on with the same size. Size 54 was probably one of the most common sizes. The box could be from anything.
                        FYI, The perfectly, matched Deschler set on the cap is worth 2K by itself. As the box, it certainly has an ss flare with the black & white edge(common to ss em). Also, I am glad it just has the size marking and not a lot of bogus SS stamps etc. Even if the price seems a wee bit high now, a year from now it will be a steal.

Comment

only my 2 cts...
                          not sure, if it's not an "RZM" box it should have the name of the maker on it, it's black and white(A-SS standart RZM colors - maker advertising was forbidden for RZM items).
                          Some years ago I've found RZM-SS boots in theire box, was a simple white paperboard box, no markings at all, but with certitude the box of this boots.

But of course, could be any maker and it is perhaps not the box of this specific cap, nobody can tell it.

Comment

Box

Originally posted by Pascal Bernhard View Post
                            only my 2 cts...
                            not sure, if it's not an "RZM" box it should have the name of the maker on it, it's black and white(A-SS standart RZM colors - maker advertising was forbidden for RZM items).
                            Some years ago I've found RZM-SS boots in theire box, was a simple white paperboard box, no markings at all, but with certitude the box of this boots.

But of course, could be any maker and it is perhaps not the box of this specific cap, nobody can tell it.
                            Rest assured, there could be many other boxes that could fit the bill as well. This ones seems appropriately matched,IMO. I really like the black and white edge. Seems like a generic hat box for SS. Something that would have been thrown away after you got it home and replaced with a more substantial box for storage and transport.
                            Peter

Comment

How many could I ask for this twins... Never issued an 100% so called RZM regulation "textbook" made ! Unfortunately without box
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X