SS/SA Fliegersturm Belt Buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS/SA Fliegersturm Belt Buckle

And if it ain't, I'd still like to know what the heck it is.
    Thanx,
    Tim

Oops, sorry. Should have put this in the belt buckle section. Apologies. If moderator can move it, I'd appreciate it.
    Tim
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TP Alexander; 08-17-2008, 01:56 PM. Reason: Stupidity!

Attached Files

Comment

Very hard to get a shot of the maker in the center back of the buckle. Here is 1 attempt.
      Attached Files

Comment

And another.
        Attached Files

Comment

???

Cain't nobody he'p me??????

Comment

it looks like a fantasy peice to me,but buckles arent my forte'

Comment

Buckle

On one hand, I believe that the Flieger units were more likely to have worn the standard SA or SS buckles, since they wore the standard SA and SS uniform. However, if the Flieger device on the buckle was made from a collar tab device, the pins would be more delicate. The back view gives me the impression that the device was actually made for a buckle. It's a tough call - maybe a fantasy piece or a REALLY rare buckle (possibly a one-of-a-kind personalized piece). The Flieger SA was absorbed into the DLV by late 1933.

Comment

!

Definitely not a fantasy piece! This much I know for sure and without a doubt.
                I'll take it to a Louisville show and see what I can find out. I do know that Joe Pankowski saw it over 30 years ago and was ready to buy it on the spot. Fortunately, the guy didn't sell it to him and I ended up with it about 15 years ago.

Comment

Buckle

You're probably right about it being authentic. The question remains as to whether this was a standard wear item by SA/SS Flieger personnel, or possibly a custom item. All regulations I can find state that SA/SS Flieger personnel wore the standard uniform with addition of the Flieger collar tab device.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X