Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/52 SS eagle, fake ?

Hi all,

a friend of me asked me about an ss eagle he just got. My personal feelings are not good but I dont want to tell him wrong as Iam not 100% up on these.
    What is your opinion about it ?

Many thanks Jens
    Attached Files

Last edited by zbv500; 09-10-2008, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

me too think this bad.paul

Comment

Eagle

Comment

That is not a fake I recall seeing before, but it is still unquestionably fake. I would be interested to hear if anyone has seen this one before or if it is a new fake.

Brad

Comment

Thanks for your help guys.

@Brad, I will ask the owner of the eagle when he got it. As far as I remember he has it for quite a while, he isnt that much interested in militara but put some aside from time to time.

Thanks for your help, Jens

By the way, the eagle has at least 3 different layers, first one is copper and then two silver layers....

Comment

This eagle is a new on on me, but I do think it has a possibility to be an earlier CupAl variety.

Bob Hritz
                  In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I think the chance of there being a never-before-seen original Deschler varition exceedingly remote. Add to that the fact that this one has such extreme differences from all of the known original Deschler styles and I believe the odds in favor of this eagle are effectively zero.

Take a look at that eye and beak. It looks like something one would expect to see on the walls of an Egyptian tomb, rather than a TR cap.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. This is a very well know reproduction that I brought to light years ago when I first started collecting. They were for sale at almost every show and they were very cheap. The incorrect placement of the "M1/52" marking and the enormous eye makes this fake stand out like a sore thumb and have been discussed numerous times on most of the SS collecting forums, although it has been a good while since they have been mentioned. They came with several different styles of finish and are cast.

Best, Chris

Comment

Would agree with Chris. This forum has a fountain of information on the M1/52 skull in its archives over the past 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by SScollector View Post
                          Sorry for the late reply. This is a very well know reproduction that I brought to light years ago when I first started collecting. They were for sale at almost every show and they were very cheap. The incorrect placement of the "M1/52" marking and the enormous eye makes this fake stand out like a sore thumb and have been discussed numerous times on most of the SS collecting forums, although it has been a good while since they have been mentioned. They came with several different styles of finish and are cast.

Best, Chris
                          They are fake, but are NOT cast. They are stamped. Again, the walls are too thin to be casting.
                          Peter

Comment

To each, his own opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by SScollector View Post
                              To each, his own opinion!
                              Exactly!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X