ss/ former member of police diamond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss/ former member of police diamond

recently bought this, i bought it as a sleeve diamond but have since been told it looks more like a collar tab, any opinions welcomed, cheers dave
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

It is a sleeve diamond, but it is badly attached to the backing. I think maybe it came off the backing and someone tried to re-attach it, but did a very poor job.

Tom

Comment

Police Raut

Agree with Tom.

Charles Betz

Comment

thanks guys cheers dave

Comment

Mmmmmmm it is a Former Police sleeve diamond, but I'm curious about the backing.

It appears from the pics that the shape is not symetrical. The buckram actually does look like it is a collar tab shape.

Very curious.

Andrew

Comment

Here is mine for comparison.

FYI: I've played with the contrast, cause my original pic was too dark. So don't rely on coloring.

Andrew

Comment

As a point of interest, this badge wasn't for former members of the police.

It was to be worn by civilian policemen who were serving in the Waffen-SS.

I don't think it was ever actually issued.

Comment

As a point of interest, this badge wasn't for former members of the police. It was to be worn by civilian policemen who were serving in the Waffen-SS.
                  Robin

Help me out here, Angolia & HPT have these listed in their books as "former Police".

Are my versions outdated ?

Andrew

Comment

if it was a collar tab for whatever bizarre reason transformed from a diamond,it would be a LEFT collar tab even weirder the rank side.

Comment

The actual order states that the badge is for police N.C.Os transferred to the Waffen-SS and who later return to the police.
                      Derek

Comment

Originally posted by derek View Post
                        The actual order states that the badge is for police N.C.Os transferred to the Waffen-SS and who later return to the police.
                        Derek
                        Derek

Pardon my confusion. So, what uniform was this meant to be worn on ? The Police ?

Andrew

Comment

Andrew.

Derek is right about the literal translation of the order (quoted by Mollo). Of course, there were no 'privates' as such in the civil or military police. The lowest substantive rank was a junior NCO, to give them the necessary authority.

Logic would suggest that the badge was to be worn (as a trade or speciality badge) on the Waffen-SS uniform, not the police one.....ie by policemen who would later expect to return from the Waffen-SS to the police.

The badge never seems to have been issued.

Angolia etc. are mistaken in their notion that it was a commemorative for former policemen.

Comment

I have never seen photos of these in wear. Perhaps Derek has an order for this type.

Bob Hritz
                            Attached Files
                            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Bevo

I was unaware of the bevo version. Neat

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X