Brocade Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brocade Question

I normally don't collect this sort of thing; it was an impulse buy. I have researched old threads and other sources trying to do my homework and I believe this to be original, but I would like to hear the opinions of those who know a great deal more about hese things than I do, before I add this bookmark to my collection. Am I correct that this brocade is original?

Thanks in advance,
    Brad

Close-up detail:

Brad, where is the belt?

Did you just purchase a strip of the embroidery topping?
    There are some very good fakes of this belt. Quite often collectors use other qualites that the brocade topping to tell if original or not. Therefore I think this pice will be hard to evaluate. I have a brocade belt myself but I can not tell if original or not.
    Last edited by Felix; 08-07-2008, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
      Brad, where is the belt?

Did you just purchase a strip of the embroidery topping?
      There are some very good fakes of this belt. I have a brocade belt myself but I can not tell if original or not.
      There is no belt; it is just a piece of the brocade. I pretty much only collect insignia (no belts or buckles), but I thought this section would make a nice accent to a display of insignia.

I have studied photos of original and fake belts and identified a few telltale features on the better fakes, which this piece does not have, but, as I said, I am out of my field with this one and hoping the experts in this area will be able to tell for sure.

Comment

Comparison

I tried to show a comparison to my brocade belt. It's a hard call. They do look similar.
        Peter
        Attached Files

Comment

Another image

Here is a closer shot of the edge detail on mine.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
            Here is a closer shot of the edge detail on mine.
            Peter,
            Your example looks like the black edgeing is rayon/silk where as Brads looks matt as if its cotton, I do not know if this means anything or not, the man to ask would be "JPR" on the belt buckle forum or his own ss belt buckle forum
            cheers
            Gart

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X