Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sleeve diamonds-OK?

Gentlemen:
    May I have your opinions if these are real or repros?
    Thank you.
    RHJ
    Last edited by rhj; 01-02-2009, 05:41 PM.

sleeve diamonds

#2. rev.
    Last edited by rhj; 01-02-2009, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originals

Bob Hritz
      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Bob Hritz:
        Thank you for your help.
        rhj

Comment

I've always felt that the former HJ member patch is a fantasy item. This is based on having never seen a photograph of it in wear or indeed an RZM sticker attached to one when they pop up on the odd occasion in forums or on dealers' sites. Does anyone have a period photo showing this one being worn?

Comment

Originally posted by Garry M. View Post
            I've always felt that the former HJ member patch is a fantasy item. This is based on having never seen a photograph of it in wear or indeed an RZM sticker attached to one when they pop up on the odd occasion in forums or on dealers' sites. Does anyone have a period photo showing this one being worn?
            It's original. Diamonds like those came from the captured lots at the Dachau clothing depot. Also, it's a later made piece which is why they do not turn up with an RZM tag.

Comment

Thanks for that information ETN. I wasn't aware of the Dachau connection with these patches and have just spent the last hour or so reading through the various threads related to Dachau insignia in general. Clearly there are long-time collectors who have seen these various patches and tabs etc. in veteran lots and believe unequivocally that they are authentic but there is also clear scepticism among less experienced collectors. Nothing new there I guess. I belong to the less experienced group who often need that elusive solid period evidence. I understand the frustration sometimes evident among the long-time collectors when a newbie needs evidence for the evidence but that's just human nature I guess. Certainly as far as the former HJ member patch is concerned this relative newbie would need to see a picture of one in wear before he had any faith in them. Not necessarily faith in their period existence but rather faith in the fact that they were actually worn/used - that being a basic requirement for anything in my collection - not that I would want any SS rubbish in there anyway of course!

Comment

This one is sliding and sliding. Any photos chaps? Bob?

Comment

I spend several years tracking dowen US 45th Infantry Division veterans who liberated Dachau.

Please follow this th4read and see photos of one of the lots I bought from a vet:
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...b+hritz+dachau

You will see many bundles of othiginal insignia, to include the HJ sleeve diamonds.

Bob Hritz
                  In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Thanks Bob. I saw those while searching but it would be great to see one of these in wear. Or were the HJ diamonds items only destined for wear at some later point?

Comment

I would like to bump this thread because I have the same question: does anyone have a picture of the HJ diamond in wear to show? Thanks Zeller

Comment

What a shame the original poster came back months later and deleted the images thus making this thread worthless.....

Comment

I think he posted the embroidered HJ diamond that you can see in Bob Hritz pics linked above. I'd like to see it in wear and also the Police diamond in wear.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X