a cautionary tale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a cautionary tale.

The other day a charity shop happend to have a mini-disc for something like £10.00. I took a long time to look at it to make shure that it was working. The Lady behind the counter did not like me taking so long looking at it. In the end i brought the mini-disc. Which later i showed somebody who had something silimilar and was warned that it might not work. So during that day i lost my wallett. So i thought i might have left it in the charity shop. Also when i left the charity shop that day. I enconted a few misable people in the high street. Anyway they never seemed to talk to anyone these days. So later i tried out the mini disc in a certain way by using a mains attachment. It did not work. So the next day i went back to the charity shop. Ask did i leave a wallet behind. they said yes its at the police station. I told them that i brought this mini-disc and found that it did not work. So they gave me a refund. It seems that they are always been given electrical items which dont work. Then i went to the police station to retrived my wallet. Well this morning i was somewhere and somebody had this strange looking compass with SS runes and Swastika and eagle and swastika and the date 1939. The asking price was £85.00. Was told that it belonged to chaps father. So i did not buy it as i thought it was Fantasy Item. Ended up buying a 1914 bugle some strange shell with top and some sort of victorian military housewife. When i went to see if this compass was still there. I found it was gone. Some poor chap brought it. Regards Fusilier.

Don't do drugs.

Comment

Mini discs

Originally posted by fusilier View Post
      The other day a charity shop happend to have a mini-disc for something like £10.00. I took a long time to look at it to make shure that it was working. The Lady behind the counter did not like me taking so long looking at it. In the end i brought the mini-disc. Which later i showed somebody who had something silimilar and was warned that it might not work. So during that day i lost my wallett. So i thought i might have left it in the charity shop. Also when i left the charity shop that day. I enconted a few misable people in the high street. Anyway they never seemed to talk to anyone these days. So later i tried out the mini disc in a certain way by using a mains attachment. It did not work. So the next day i went back to the charity shop. Ask did i leave a wallet behind. they said yes its at the police station. I told them that i brought this mini-disc and found that it did not work. So they gave me a refund. It seems that they are always been given electrical items which dont work. Then i went to the police station to retrived my wallet. Well this morning i was somewhere and somebody had this strange looking compass with SS runes and Swastika and eagle and swastika and the date 1939. The asking price was £85.00. Was told that it belonged to chaps father. So i did not buy it as i thought it was Fantasy Item. Ended up buying a 1914 bugle some strange shell with top and some sort of victorian military housewife. When i went to see if this compass was still there. I found it was gone. Some poor chap brought it. Regards Fusilier.
      Hi,
      I have been collecting SS mini discs for a long time. 10 quid is not a bad price. Why don't you post them so we can see your collection.

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
        Don't do drugs.

little harsh, but he lost me too. paul

Comment

i dont get this post at all

Comment

and drive or buy ss militaria.
            Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
            Don't do drugs.

Comment

this post is beautiful, i mean its high art, i love it! The ss compass symbolizes being lost in direction, the irony of the mini disc not working and the honest vendors whom returned the wallet are being ripped off by dodgy electronics wholesalers,,the miserable people on the high street,,its almost shakespearian,,merchant of venice in 1 paragraph, my hat is off !
              Iam Uncle Sam
              That’s who Iam
              Been hiding out
              In a rock and roll band

Comment

It's more surreal than this...............

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...3Doff%26sa%3DG

Comment

Nice analysis Dion.....

This is how I felt after reading the post...

Comment

Originally posted by Carson View Post
                    Nice analysis Dion.....

This is how I felt after reading the post...

Dear Everyone at Tony Barto............., Thank you for your replies and comments. I am sorry that i have not replied soonest. I had a busy week of sorts. That particular day when i saw the so-called "SS Panzer Compass." I thought of this particular item appearing on here and the amount of replies about the said item. Which now i know was a fantasy item. Which i did think at the time it was. In the end i found some other items which where a better buy than an £85.00. "SS Panzer Compass" Regards Fusilier

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X