Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Eagles

Hello all,
    I went to look at something entirely different but the veteran's nephew brought these out as well. Can you tell me anything about the eagles? I've been through the past threads and don't find any exactly like the SS one. It measures 3 1/8 inches wing tip to tip and 1 3/8 inches head to bottom of circle. The silver one is larger and is on fairly bright green material. Lastly, is the rank chevron, on black, SS or not?
    Thanks for your help, C.
    Attached Files

Photo 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Photo 3
      Attached Files

Comment

Not sure about the other things but if I remember right from past threads, that is one rare shoulder board!

Comment

Hi,

I would place this as a mid war RZM produced eagle. There are small variations on this pattern, but yours is just fine. I think you will find that quite a few of the eagles we see are of this pattern. In general you will see that the late war eagles are of a more simple pattern.

Rgds
          Pål

Comment

The Heer strap is for an Infanterie 'Unterfuhrer Schule' candidate.

Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
              The Heer strap is for an Infanterie 'Unterfuhrer Schule' candidate.

Ian.
              Unterführer-Schule is it called in SS. This is a board for an Unteroffizierschule des Heeres. The tresse is for an NCO-candidate.

regards,
              Andreas

Comment

Thanks, everyone, for taking the time to answer. I appreciate it. I've been able to match up everything with on-line prices except for the shoulder board, although I must say the SS sleeve eagles prices are all over the place with on-line dealers. Back side condition of the US shoulder board is quite rough.....any ideas on a ball park price for a friend?
                Thanks again for your help, C.
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X