SS Eagle Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Eagle Opinions

I am not sure what this is off of .It may be a flag not sure.I would like to hear opinions on it use and or originality,Thanks.
    Attached Files

It has a 5" width .
    Attached Files

Comment

Let me know if better pictures are needed.
      Attached Files

Comment

Eagle

It's an Reichautozug Deutschland (National Autombile Competition Germany) armband eagle.

Ref: Angolia's Cloth Insignia of the SS, 2nd Edition, 1989, Page 133.

Charles Betz
        Attached Files

Comment

So you think it is a period item ?Yes,It does look like that eagle.I did not state what it was made from.It is silver.It is an interesting item.Perhaps from the era of the GP Auto Unions (AUDI)

Comment

isn't this the same eagle used in the upper left of the traigular SS command pennants? (I know many were also printed.)

Comment

Its possibly the same for both of these applications. These are heavily faked, often glowing under black light...

Comment

Eagle

Your eagle is a real one. It could have been used on an SS pennant or the Autozug armband.
                Peter

Comment

Thanks for the opinions.It has small cloth white textile areas around it outline in some places. I did a black light test and it does not glow at all.In Tom Johnsons book GERMAN WAR BOOTY on page 230 it matches that eagle to the thread.Again it is out of my area and thanks for the help.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X