Militaria shops in Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Militaria shops in Chicago

hi all, I'm moving to Chicago in october to get married, doesn anyone knows of some reputable militaria shops there?

thank you all for your help

Max

Originally posted by Krieg777 View Post
    hi all, I'm moving to Chicago in october to get married, doesn anyone knows of some reputable militaria shops there?

Max
    Are you going to live in Chicago permenantly after you are married? There are several shows annually. Also, the MAX is moving to Indianapolis in 09' and should be there ongoing after that. Most of the military shops have closed over the years. There are hundreds of antique shops however.
    Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Krieg777 View Post

Max
      You missed it by about two years. That is when I closed my shop, and I think I was the last in the area. Like Pete says, though, there are lots of antique shops, and a HUGE collector community...Tom

Comment

I have a small shop in the Northern Chicago Suburb of "Milwaukee"...

But seriously, we're only about an hour away, with some decent atique shops along the way.

Chicago area does host a few decent shows too.
        http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Jerry he said reputable ! But glad your finally realizing that Milwaukee is a suburb of Chicago.

..... Actually, Jerry is one of the more honest dealers around and I wish his shop was closer !!!

Comment

Thank you guys for your fast replies. Yes, I'm going to live permanently in Chicago, enduring brutal winters like I've never experienced b4 I come from a part of Italy where the worse it can get during winter is around 10°C .... My wife too is an antiques junkie... so we'll have a lot to look at ... Thank you all...
            MAX

Comment

Shops

Max,
              Like Tom said, his place was the last good place around to close, however, you said your wife likes antiques? To keep her happy, and sometimes get a great find yourself, Lake County Fairgrounds in Grayslake ( which is in Lake County about 45min. north of Chicago) has a pretty decent antiques and collectables show the 2nd Sunday of the month. Not a whole lot of military stuff there but my buddie picked up a SD SS helmet in pretty decent shape there not to long ago for $450.00 from someone that didn`t know what they had.

Comment

WOW I didn't expect to get such good news and hints, thank you a lot guys, I hope in the future to know at least some of you in person. WAF Rocks!

Max

Comment

Make sure you go to the Kane County Flea market which is held monthly. It is one of the largest flea markets in the Country and you just never know what you'll find there. I haven't lived there in 14 years but I'm assuming it's still in operation.
                  Jim

Comment

Originally posted by james m View Post
                    Make sure you go to the Kane County Flea market which is held monthly. It is one of the largest flea markets in the Country and you just never know what you'll find there. I haven't lived there in 14 years but I'm assuming it's still in operation.
                    Jim
                    Jim,
                    It is still going strong. The first Sunday of each month.
                    Peter

Comment

Originally posted by tgn View Post
                      You missed it by about two years. That is when I closed my shop, and I think I was the last in the area. Like Pete says, though, there are lots of antique shops, and a HUGE collector community...Tom
                      2 years? Has it really been that long already?

Comment

Is the old Hillside Show still up and running? If I recall right, that show ran for only a few hours on Sunday mornings....
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

The Glendale Heights show is the "Formerly known as Hillside" show.

Just West on that road that the Concorde show is on ( North ave?). Sun 8am-noon ( More closely 11) get it in get 'er done. No time to hem & haw, buy it or move on. Blink too long and you might miss it. but that is also part of beauty of it.
                          http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Never did like that Show.Too much time pressure.Poof.Its over.!!
                            Seiler (Yank in UK)

Comment

I was in Chicago all last week for work, may go again, would be nice to meet up with some collectors next time.
                              Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X