SS M-43 Found at Wewelsburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS M-43 Found at Wewelsburg

While visiting Wewelsburg castle this spring, my girlfriend found this M-43 cap amongst some flowers near the entrance to the castle. This photo was taken just as it was found. It was probably dropped by the SS as they retreated. Out of respect, we felt it shouldn't be disturbed, so it's probably still lying there. We just wanted to share our experience. The castle is magnificent !
    Attached Files

Comment

Any Honor rings under the hat?

Comment

M-43

Yes, there was one lying next to the cap. The damn thing didn't fit my finger, so I just left it there.

Comment

Those cheap little SS panzer hats are made of remarkably tough material..63 years out in the weather and it still looks like the day it was born in Dachau..Billbert

Comment

nice of you to not pick it up, it will probably be there for another 300 years

Comment

I'll bet its booby trapped!

Comment

Comment

I'll bet if it WAS 1945, that hat left laying on a table would most definitely have been booby trapped..!!

Comment

I remember seeing that hat in the same place when I was there in 1978.

Steve
                    ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X