Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAH Slip On Tabs

Hi Guys,

I'm not an SS cloth collector, but I've had these LAH slip-on shoulder tabs for a while. I've always thought them fake. Early LAH cypher in what looks like gray cotton thread, on black wool. I turned one of them inside out in the scan to show the back. They don't have stitching around the edges. These things ARE fake, right?

What are the details of real ones? I could only find a few photos in the Cook and Bender book, and this thread
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=LAH+tabs

Thanks, Greg
    Attached Files
    sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
    www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Greg,
    sorry to say yes they are fake and also these are hand embroidered, I remember seeing these at German arms fairs in the 80's.
    cheers,
    Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood
      Greg,
      sorry to say yes they are fake and also these are hand embroidered, I remember seeing these at German arms fairs in the 80's.
      cheers,
      Gary
      Gary,
      I bought these at the Stuttgart show in April 1994, fortunately not for much, as I didn't really think they were real then.

Can you tell me the details of real ones? Are they supposed to be machine embroidered? Shouldn't they have the second pattern LAH cypher?

Thanks,
      Greg
      sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
      www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Can you tell me the details of real ones? Are they supposed to be machine embroidered? Shouldn't they have the second pattern LAH cypher?

Greg,
        yes to the above, 2nd pattern style machine embriodered.

there is another type of fake like the ones you posted above they are machine done though,
        cheers,
        Gary

Comment

Greg,

There was another thread on the wehrmacht awards site, just on LAH cyphers:

wehrmacht-awards - lah cyphers

Regards,

Fred

Comment

Hi Guys,
            I recently found an extreemly scarce original photo of just such an early LAH cypher. The picture is here for sale now: http://ww-2militaria.com/b/photorar/lahpic/desc.htm make sure you click on the picture for a more detailed snap that shows the embroidered cypher.

Hope that is interesting.
            Cheers, Wade K.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X