Dual SS-Totenkopf collar tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual SS-Totenkopf collar tabs

I'm putting together a early war SS-Totenkopf impression for 1940 France and I need to know if dual totenkopf collar tabs are correct. I know SS-VT removed their collar tabs (mostly) for that campaign. I see several examples in "Like a cliff in an Ocean" by Ullrich of dual tabs but it's not conclusive. Any help is appreciated.

Originally posted by fwbecker
    I'm putting together a early war SS-Totenkopf impression for 1940 France and I need to know if dual totenkopf collar tabs are correct. I know SS-VT removed their collar tabs (mostly) for that campaign. I see several examples in "Like a cliff in an Ocean" by Ullrich of dual tabs but it's not conclusive. Any help is appreciated.
    Hello FWBECKER
    just found this line of text in one of mine book,shis smock reveal,s the field blouse collar with two silver-piped totenkopf collar-patches the smock thus cover,s the only rank insignia-the shoulderstraps- and explains Himmler,s May 1940 order that duobled patches were to replaced by the normal symbol/ranking combination. the double patches stem from pre-war totenkopfverbande regulations; their use by some officers and enlisted men was observed at leat until late 1941

So what you want is possible

greeting,s johnny
    sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X