Der Fuhrer Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Der Fuhrer Tunic

My final consideration from this seller. Sorry but I'm limited on pictures again. The interior shots got corrupted. Please let me know what you think base on what I have if you can.

Thanks
    John
    Attached Files

Der Fuhrer Tunic

More pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Der Fuhrer Tunic

Last pics
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow,I would say it all looks good except for one thing.The Sleeve eagle is a "Bigfoot" which is regarded by most collectors to be a reproduction.I would like to know more about "Bigfoot" and its history.The collar tabs seem a bit odd but cant really tell with the picture.It all looks so new.
        Last edited by John Pic; 08-23-2003, 02:42 PM.

Comment

The cuff title looks good from the pics. Don't know about the eagle. There is something a bit odd about the collar tabs and collar. It appears the collar is either too narrow or the collar tabs to large. Doesn't seem a proper fit, but then, I am no expert. Everything else seems to look good.
          Richard V

Comment

Nothing wrong really with the Tab size and collar size.I find it odd no one else is mentioning the "Bigfoot" eagle which is a " Known Fake".But its still early.

Comment

Hello JOHNK,

Will weigh in here and give my opinion - with the normal caveat that it is opinion only, based on limited photographic evidence.

Der Fuhrer tunic - agree with John P., the "bigfoot eagle" is normally seen as a repro and is potentially the kiss of death (it would be for me). However - check to see if there are signs of a previous eagle (possibly the tunic is original but de-Nazified). Also would like to see the cyphers top and pins on bottom; is there an impression where the cyphers have rested for 60 years? Interior is important - tailor tags, stamps, markings, material?

The M43 LSSAH tunic looks original to me including tab and sleeve eagle. The boards are unusual but not impossible. The only caveat is that Willi Z. has recently reported the production of very high quality fake M43s coming from the east so you would need to check very carefully against an original - but so far, looks good.

GvB wrapper. Very, very rare cufftitle on a panzer wrapper (only one panzer battalion in the Division); add to this the tank destruction badge and the extraordinary size (104 cm chest) - then this is rare indeed. I am not happy with the lining nor the stamps - however Wade K. is the expert and might be able to help. Is there bias stiffening in the lining on the armpits? On first glance - red flags on this piece...

I do know the source of these pieces - if they are from one spot, the owner has assembled a collection of pieces that are remarkably rare. Be careful.

Opinions only...

Mike

Comment

The GvB Wrap lining material reminds me too much of Janke,could be wrong but it is very similar.

Comment

as mentioned above fake Big foot sleeve eagle, I have a couple of ??? can you show me a picture of the pins on the "DF" cyphers and is the runic machine done?
                  cheers,
                  Gary

Comment

The Df Cipher from the angle shown looks to be flawed in a certain area between the top and the arm of the F, to me.

Comment

Thumbs Up

I have never really collected jackets, Eks are my thing, but I have had some pass through over the years, and I would give this one a thumbs up. I agree with a previous assesment that the sleeve eagle is a repro, but that is not necessarily the be all and end all of whether a tunic is real or not. Of course, if certain elements of it have been replaced at some time in the past that detracts from its value. I would point out that the cuff title fits the criteria for being authentic and the collar and tabs look fine to me. Just one more opinion thrown into the mix.
                      Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
                      All the best,
                      Chris

Comment

Hello EKman,

The point is - was there an sleeve eagle before the repro eagle? If so - them maybe you have an original tunic that was de-nazified and to which one piece of repro insignia was added. If not - then the whole tunic is bad (unless you believe this officer never wore a sleeve eagle) albeit with some good insignia (at first glance, I too like the CT).

Mike

Comment

DF Tunic

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments and opinions. Seems like everyone agrees about the eagle being a repro so that puts a bad taste in my mouth right-away. Seems like a lot of the tunics available these days were denazified at some point. I don't mind re-applied insignia so much but it does need to be authentic.

Unfortunately I don't have any other pictures available at this time as some of you have requested. I'll try to get with the seller to take a few more shots and post them as soon as possible.

In the meantime if anyone gets a chance, please give me some feedback on the other two SS items I posted as well. The panzer wrap and the LSSAH tunic also on this forum.

Thanks
                          John

Comment

JohnK

I've only just got back off hols so haven't been able to comment before but as John Pic says the bigfoot is definately considered to be a fake,this one in wire doesn't have the same head with long beak as the BeVo ones do...does the stitching go through the sleeve liner ? If this was a tailor-made tunic the machine stitching (which this looks like to me) would be under the sleeve liner. The rank tab litzen looks correct (I've given up trying to say one-way or the other on runic tabs) and the cufftitle looks like a flatwire one which,so I'm lead to believe,hasn't been reproduced correctly YET.It may be me (or my monitor) but isn't the tunic well,very woolly for an officer tunic ? And an DF infantry SS-Ostf with no awards ?

Cheers,Ian Hulley.

Comment

Whoops !!

Originally posted by Ian Hulley
                              I've only just got back off hols so haven't been able to comment before but as John Pic says the bigfoot is definately considered to be a fake,this one in wire doesn't have the same head with long beak as the BeVo ones do...does the stitching go through the sleeve liner ? If this was a tailor-made tunic the machine stitching (which this looks like to me) would be under the sleeve liner. The rank tab litzen looks correct (I've given up trying to say one-way or the other on runic tabs) and the cufftitle looks like a flatwire one which,so I'm lead to believe,hasn't been reproduced correctly YET.It may be me (or my monitor) but isn't the tunic well,very woolly for an officer tunic ? And an DF infantry SS-Ostf with no awards ?

Cheers,Ian Hulley.
                              I just checked on my office monitor whoops...looks like loops for an IAB, EK1 & Wound badge...must invest in larger monitor at home

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X