Green Trap w/Single row of teeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Trap w/Single row of teeth

Tear into it and let me know your thoughts everyone and please divulge on how you arrived at your conclusion so that all may learn...
    Best regards,

Tony

Nice Find

Tony, that is absolutely 100% right, both front and back, for the single row green trap. I own one just like that.
    The single row trap wing measures 52mm across while the double measures 55mm. Both should measure close to 40mm from the eagles head to the botton of the death head.
    RJ Bender's quarterly, The Military Advisor, spring 1995, has a whole article on cloth SS head insignia. Sonny
    Last edited by Sonny; 08-22-2003, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Trap

Hi Tony,

Sonny is correct. This is the 2nd version of the single row of teeth green trap. I'll post mine this evening. There is another slight variation to this version too, where the eagle is woven kind of at an angle and there are a couple of other slight differences. Two examples are shown in Angolia's Cloth Insignia of the SS 2nd edition. This trap has NOT been found in black for panzer troops to my knowledge.

The author Mark Bando has one of these in his collection too, which came from a 101st Airborne Division vet. This style trap doesn't show up that often. I do not know if that is because it was one of the last versions made or if the production runs were not large. I have never encountered one with the BeVo Wuppertal name in the welt, like you will see on the other single row of teeth trap. So, I speculate it was made by another firm.

Paul

Comment

You guys would never guess where I picked her up at....
        Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Trap

Hi Tony,

Don't tell me Walmart has started to carry this stuff???? They have everything else under the sun

Gary's is a nice example of the variation I mentioned, where the eagle is woven at a slight angle. I have seen a couple of these.

Like most traps, there is not a good period picture of this type being worn that I am aware of. However, I know several well respected collectors who have picked this style up directly from vets.

Here is the one I have.

Paul

Comment

Pictures

What do you have to do to get the photo to show up in your message now? I used the attachment management,which usually posts the photo along with the text.........

paul

Comment

I don't know Paul. I attached and it worked fine for me. Perhaps Seba can answer that??
              Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Reverse of Pauls Trap:
                Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Paul;

Not Walmart but KMart!! No, seriously, I picked her up from Manions of all places.
                  Best regards,

Tony

Comment

"What do you have to do to get the photo to show up in your message now? I used the attachment management,which usually posts the photo along with the text........."

Paul,
                    to do that just post one picture at a time, if you try to post more than one picture within one post they display in the manor of your post above,
                    cheers,
                    Gary

Comment

trap

Gary,

Thanks for the information on posting photos. That explains it.

Tony,

Congratulations on your new acquisition. This trap doesn't show up for sale that often. Manion's had another one of these for sale about 3 years ago. It had an interesting manufacturing defect in that part of the right wing went onto the welt.
                      Below is a photo.

Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X