Plethora of e-stand SS tunics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gosh you are angry,

well the dollar may be on It's arse at the moment but at least you arent paying $11.00 a gallon for Gas.

Guy.

Originally posted by CurtD View Post
    Buying them isn't without risk either. I've ended up with a couple of fakes (not tunics) from the e-stand that no one bothered to comment on.

Let me be clear, I am basically in a really foul mood. I am pissed at this hobby, my job, my country, gas prices, the sh!t dollar, and a lot of other things.

But when I see an mint Allgemeine tunic sitting there for 3550 euros -- my cynical nature takes over and I start to wonder WTF is going on.

Comment

What is the initial question/concern? The guy simply wants to sells his uniforms for the price below dealers because no one interested in buying them because majority of collectors have already spent for this crazy hobby their money and because Militaria is not really about investment but passion. Spend them 'one-way' and will never have such questions or see such 'stupid prices'

Comment

Give them to Detlev, i am sure someone on the Friday Feeding Frenzy will take them

F.F.F Rules O.K

Comment

11.00 buclks a gallon....yikes!

I know this is way off topic, but could provide a way to help around the crap world conditions of the oils we all are addicted to.

There was a major discovery years ago of an oil reserve in the US called the Bakken Oils. Larger than Saudi oil fields and others are saying larger than oil in Iran, Iraq and Saudi combined, to the tune of what is thought to be 41 billion barrels and some say over 100 billion barrels .

(edited-The 100 billion was reported in one review read and I believe this to be overly optomistic)

The product is sweet crude and requires less refining.

Recent technology and the rise of crude prices is now making it worthwhile to extrude the oil, so the stock plays in this region of contenders is quite healthy.

One in particular is Continental Resources (CLR on the NYSE) is poised to play high. This week alone it is up $13.00 a share, so if your looking for something to INVEST in, look there.

Finally there is something to stick up the arses of the sand squabblers, they can take their camels and virgins and stick them where the sun don't shine!

The other side of the coin, not much one can do about repressive taxes that many of you in EU have to face because once those money hungry politicos get in your pocket, they are worse than lice to get ride of.
          Last edited by Rich Moran; 06-07-2008, 01:00 AM.

Comment

But in Germany we have the Autobahn that is might better then any race track asphalt in the US. Before crying about a $11 gallon I would recommend first to learn how to safe fuel and energy, but from this the US is 30 leaned back.

Comment

Robert I have never been on the Autobahn, but can relate a story about a motorcycle ride we did a few years back. Heading north out of Las Vega on a 03 Harley Davidosn V Rod to go to Zion, we were cruising at about 135MPH 2 up with my wife on the back of the bike.

We made the turn off to get into Zion national park from the freeway and stopped at a police station as I wanted to be sure we were headed the right way.

The officer on duty came out and looked at the bike and said don't speed. I told him we were doing 135 just a short time ago and he said if I catch you its jail time. I said I understand that, and by the way, whats the fastest you've caught someone going as the roads are built for fast riding? He advised it was a bunch of guys from Germany who fly their bikes in every year to ride the roads and specifically the freeway because they can ride faster there than in Germany because of the distance and less population. So I asked how fast and he said one was clocket at 167 MPH and the rest were sltightly slower as he was the leader of the group.

They caught all of them and fined them heavily, something like a total of 12 thousand dollars as there was 6 guys. He said they could not hold them in jail because they were not US citizens but they could fine them. I asked what happened when they left. He said they were laughing about the whole thing and asking where they could go where they would not be bothered by anyone. He adivsed them to go further north into someone elses jurisdiciton to leave him alone .

the policeman also mentioned these guys are well known by the police in the area and are known as the rich Germans who love to speed and spend money doing so.

Comment

I just love these biker storys. Over all I mostly like the mountain roads and the curves and for me it is more about leaning in a curve then high speed. The last time in Germany with a bike is already some 8 year plus in the past. In the US I hit the road mostly twice the week, the Canyons are just marvelous. Safe riding Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Moran View Post
                  There was a major discovery years ago of an oil reserve in the US called the Bakken Oils.
                  Don't believe it . . . yet. It is still not definitive. Treat it as a rumor for now . . .

But I am hopeful . . . for all of us.

Brad

P.S. Now that this is off topic, maybe it should be edited and moved appropriately?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
                    I just love these biker storys. Over all I mostly like the mountain roads and the curves and for me it is more about leaning in a curve then high speed. The last time in Germany with a bike is already some 8 year plus in the past. In the US I hit the road mostly twice the week, the Canyons are just marvelous. Safe riding Rich
                    Temp me and I'll share a few more and then be done. Maybe a thread of motor sports passions are required here? Anyone have any 2 wheel journies on WWII vintage machines they can share?

We were fortunate to do the Deals Gap and Devils Triangle last year May. We rented a Harley Ultra, stuffed enough clothes in it for a hard 3 day ride of about 1,300 miles. left Indianapolis just before race week and it was an overdose of things mechanical.

If you ever make Indy, there is a little place that serves great food at the south- west side about 8 blocks from the track. Its in the main town closest to the track, and it reeks of years of Indy. if your a gearhead like me it is a place of reverence to the god of speed.

The ride to Deals Gap http://www.tailofthedragon.com/ just south west of Gatlinburg and the south side of the Great Smokys is a wonderful ride.

One has to be careful not to let it all hang out on this particular road, tons of tight sweepers that one could to be a tad too heavy with the right hand which throws riders into oncoming riders, and other 4 wheel large pieces of steel.

From Deals Gap we did the http://www.cherohala.com/ Cherohala runs along one of the ranges heading west. Nice sweepers that are easy at speeds that can be cruised with the luxury of taking in the views with to much consequence.

We headed from there to the Devils Triangle. We entered from the north-east side to an immediate reverse camber that had the boards dragging the turn on the right with the front wheel about front axle to top of rear tire height turn. If you ever make this particular road, be sure to check out the locals style of living. Brings back memories of the Dukes of Hazard!

This road went many miles and was a great mix of road conditions.

One could ride north from there for several days road enjoyment, but I have to say, the Thunderbolt Highway http://www.waytogo.net.au/thunderboltsway/ in Australia is another favorite. If you should ever make Oz, the Sydney- Blue Mountains - Jenolin Cave - Blackheath is a days journey out of Sydney. Form there one can travel to the vineyards of Hunter Valley north on a valley road that runs about 300 or more miles and is a very memorable ride.

Of course, in my own back yard we have Round Top which to me has what one needs to make life enjoyable on 2 wheels.

There are many such rides I have done over the years. Make talks with nature like lightning strikes and hail to make one realize that cars have nothing on nature. Sometimes though the cagers really make me PO'd.

Should you plan a visit to these islands please let me know as there are many places to go on 2 wheels. With the neighbor island ferry in service, it has opened up Maui, to Haleakala and then of course Kaupo Gap to Hana, the reverse side of the mountain where few tourists travel.

Shiney side up!
                    Last edited by Rich Moran; 06-07-2008, 01:37 AM.

Comment

I don't think petrol Is up to $11.00 In the US yet Robert? Actually I'm writing from the UK where It Is! As for saving energy, I have solar panels, water recycling etc etc. However I draw the line at a hybrid car figuring I'm doing my bit so can keep on running my gas guzzler . I'm with you re the Autobahn, what fun! However I've noticed lately that It Is becoming more and more crowded (mainly with Eastern European lorries) and the opportunities for doing 150 less and less.

Hey Rich that sounds good but as you say by the time It got to our pumps It would still be $11.00. Bring on the H2o Hydrogen seperator I say; sadly at the moment It brings new meaning to going like a bomb.

Yours, Guy.

QUOTE=Robert H;2669669]But in Germany we have the Autobahn that is might better then any race track asphalt in the US. Before crying about a $11 gallon I would recommend first to learn how to safe fuel and energy, but from this the US is 30 leaned back.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Guy, if one invests in what is causing the problems at least some of it comes back to you. I see it as one of the only ways so far to stay on par with the increases of the cost of everything else in life. I was looking at retiring here in about 5 years, but from the looks of things I think that is out the door because in Hawaii everyhting is shipped to us and it is all on the back of fuel oil.

Thought about moving back to CONUS but from what I read it would not do much good, heating oil is going crazy too. We thought about a home imn the foothills fo the rockies, but seeing the energy costs make me sit tight.

We are paying 4 bucks a gallon, far less than you are but the good news for us is it is warm here year round, we can grow our food and fishing from shore happens to be good if you know where to go.

Will be intersting to see how all this plays out in collecting these things however. As everything else increases, this material will to a degree until the point comes where people have to make choices to stay warm, eat and be able to get to work.

Perhaps time will create a balance out of all this, but along the way there are gong to be casulties due to all of the thigns tied to oil.

Comment

I thought there were rules about HIJACKING a thread and talking off subject? What about these SS uniforms on the eStand... get this thread back on track.
                          All of this talk about gas prices belongs in the Kniepe.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz View Post
                            I thought there were rules about HIJACKING a thread and talking off subject? What about these SS uniforms on the eStand... get this thread back on track.
                            All of this talk about gas prices belongs in the Kniepe.

Bob

Maybe they are all bored with seeing and discussing SS tunics?

These are a steal at the price offered. Compare these tunics with the "restored" SS officers tunic on Craig G's website at $16,000 . At those prices all you wealthy SS collectors could also afford to pick up the two SS officers caps on the Collectors Guild to go with them.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,337 at 01:57 PM on Today.

Working...
                            X