Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Kris,

I think the box is a fake myself.

The mark does not appear authentic. In this photo it's the one on the bottom left. I enhanced it slightly to make it clearer. The runes and the first "A" don't look right. The mark in the top right is the AH dinnerware mark (or one of them)

The box itself is a sloppy piece of work - I doubt it's Allach. I don't know what Allach did with the pieces that did not pass quality control, but I would expect they would destroy them - why would they want inferior pieces getting into the outside world and tarnishing their name. And that is certainly an inferior piece even if it was Allach.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TonyS View Post
      Hi Kris,

I think the box is a fake myself.

The mark does not appear authentic. In this photo it's the one on the bottom left. I enhanced it slightly to make it clearer. The runes and the first "A" don't look right. The mark in the top right is the AH dinnerware mark (or one of them)

The box itself is a sloppy piece of work - I doubt it's Allach. I don't know what Allach did with the pieces that did not pass quality control, but I would expect they would destroy them - why would they want inferior pieces getting into the outside world and tarnishing their name. And that is certainly an inferior piece even if it was Allach.
      Yeah, I guess its back to studying marks again, they can vary. But this one brings up new issue's and I don't think the octagon would be as difficult as some believe. Most of this crap is altered, this is done from scratch no matter who made it.

It could be a factory screw up, but its really terrible. This piece should have impressed runes I think, if it did we would have a very interesting scenario but would still require an inspection.

Screw it, watch the market. That will give this piece up sooner or later. Let them screw up without help and then we can call pieces.

Unless the owner of this nightmare wants to allow it out, I am pretty sure he is around and about watching and waiting.

Later bud.

Comment

Kris,

I definitely agree that the marks can vary.

Here is the rather sloppy stamped mark on my #3 elephant. Not much room or any flat area there to stamp such a small piece. Impressed marks would have been easier.
        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X