GSSN/Allgemeine-ss strap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSSN/Allgemeine-ss strap?

Hi all. What do you think of this strap? Is this correct Germanske SS Norge strap, or Allgemeine-ss, or something else? Best regards, norge
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Strap

It is SA.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
            It is SA.
            Hi Peter. I had the feeling..Because it is not Black/silver thread? Could it be NSKK also or just SA? Cheers.

Comment

It could also be pre-1934 SS...

Comment

Board

They are correct. Shoulder board is early SS or 1934-1938 SA. Considering the small number of SS at that time compared to the SA, odds are likely that it is SA. (With a gold colored button, it would be SA Gruppe Niederrhein. With a silver button, it would represent SA Gruppe Berlin-Brandenberg. If it was on a tunic, the button would be pebbled. For a brownshirt, it would be smooth.

Comment

Thanks for info! Probably NOT GSSN used then!? Here is what i like to see in an Later A-SS/GSSN style, alu. thread/black. Best, norge
                  Attached Files

Comment

Board

Yes, it's most likely SA. However, before the SS started using the silver/black twist cord, they DID use the black/white twist cord. The SS and the SA (Niederrhein & Berlin Brandenberg) used the exact same shoulder board in the early days. The SS also used the black/white twist cord around the collar at the same time. That's not to be confused with "Ring around the collar" !!

Comment

Hi. Could it be Norwegian made GSSN strap?? Any norwegian collectors who could tell? This is from Norwegian vet, came with other insignia and stuff and i dont doubt the sellers story. Bax or DeMil, do you know? Best, norge

Comment

Originally posted by norge View Post
                        Hi. Could it be Norwegian made GSSN strap?? Any norwegian collectors who could tell? This is from Norwegian vet, came with other insignia and stuff and i dont doubt the sellers story. Bax or DeMil, do you know? Best, norge
                        did they wear Black/White, as opposed to Black/Silver on their shoulder straps?

Comment

Hi,

Based on what I know they only used the black/silver ones. There can be many reasons for having such item. Maybe just a souvenir he got and kept?

Of course, you can't be certain that someone got a SA board and used it in error. If you are to restore a uniform etc I would not used this one.

Generally GSSN used standard German algemeine with the exception of a limited production of Norwegian made insignia etc.

Rgds
                          Pål

Comment

Board

Odds are VERY likely it is SA. If you have an early German Allgemeine SS brownshirt, black/white piping around the collar, black leather buttons and Allgemeine SS cuff-title with Standarte number and colored thread border, this shoulder board would be applicable. Don't you wish???!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                            X