• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collar Tabs

Collar Tabs I would please like your opinions on as far as originality:
    Attached Files
    I love the beach.

tabs

Forgot to mention the rank tab had apparently two pips that were pulled out.
    I love the beach.

Comment

collar tabs

Wot is your opinion on these collar patches ....... this and other forums are becoming a place of convenience. You have the photos or links, so therefore do your home work & research and learn in stead of just posting links and asking the obvious. David

Comment

"in stead of just posting links"

David,
        Marty has not posted any links, but he has attached 4 photo's this is how the new software displays them so they are not links to other sites but stored on our site

Gary

Marty,
        try this link
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=runic
        Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-15-2003, 05:54 PM.

Comment

As one of those people is is 'guilty' of asking opinions on the originally of various items. I enjoy reading other peoples requests as I usually learn something about that item. I have many, many books on SS uniforms, many of the newer ones with close up color pictures, but that in itself is not enough to make one an expert. I am very thankful that people like Gary Wood and Tony Barto take their time to teach us about different items. Sometimes when I look at a picture, it raises many more questions than it answers. Gary for one has posted pictures of many, many items that I have never seen before.
          I haven't answered many people's requests because what I had to say on an item was not very valuable but at some time soon I want to start offering my opinions just to find out how much I really know.
          Some of you more knowledgable people may find these requests a waste of your time, but to those of us who are learning they are opertunities.
          Just a beginer's opinion but I would say that these tabs are original.
          Sorry for the rant.

Comment

Hi Alan;

We all welcome questions and comments. As you know, it's how we learn. Go ahead and give us your opinion on items. One thing that you will find and especially when someone disagrees with you, you should reason out and explain why you think or believe as you do. This actually opens up other doors and avenues to explore that perhaps wouldn't have been had you not said anything at all. I'm not trying to get philosophical here, just trying to get you to speak up. Hell, I STILL make mistakes and always will so don't be shy. Speak up man.
            Best regards,

Tony

Comment

They look like nice, original tabs. Very similair to the other one currently being discussed/posted on this forum. Thats my 2cents

Comment

tabs

Thanks for the comments. I believe these to be original based on the weave of the runes, however, the backing is where I get confused. After seeing many repros who also have interwoven backings. I am not sure what to look for on the back of these or if this set conforms to known originals (the backs).
                Any other commentary is deeply appreciated.

Thanks

Marty
                I love the beach.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X