Cuff title. Opinions requested.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    I know everyone loves the warm safety of a flatwire band, but they can be a little boring compared to the Gothic and Latin lettering done in hand-embroidery.
    BLASPHEMY !!!!

Comment

... boring, then you should not deserve any more

Comment

Originally posted by dukhunter View Post
        Hi,

Here is a cuff title I have that can be used for comparison purposes. For obvious reasons, I cannot photograph the back of the thing. I will say that the photo makes the emroidery appear more ragged than it is in person. This probably holds true for the one Mr. Betz posted as well.

Thank you,
        George
        How about some nice shots of the whole tunic?

Comment

Cuff title. Opinions requested.

Thank you, Doctor, for your opinion and advice. When time permits, I will do a comparison between those titles you provided and the one I have. Thanks for your help.

Regards,
          George

Comment

Go

dukhunter, you my want to drop in on Detlev Nieman and have a look at his Reichsführung-SS Cufftitle in his SS grouping. The F is different from mine and Delich's.

Comment

Top: Hand embroidered

Bottom: Flatwire

I always ;iked the hand embroidered and machine enbroidered RZM bands over the rather boring flatwire and BeVo types.

Bob Hritz
              Attached Files
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Well

That is because your taste in bands is extraordinary and culitvated. You are a true Afficianado Sir.

Comment

Cuff title. Opinions requested

Thank you, Doctor for the heads up concerning the cuff title on Detlev's site and for all your input on this subject. I did take a look at that cuff title plus the others posted and you are indeed correct, there can certainly be variations in these hand embroidered pieces! You've definitely brought me around to your way of thinking regarding hand emdroidered cuff titles. Thank you.

Bob, thanks for posting your two items. Your hand embroidered title is very, very similar to the one I posted and to the title Mr. Betz posted. Thank you for sharing them.

I will pull the tunic out this weekend and do a comparison between what I have and all those cuff titles posted here.

Thanks fellas and have a good weekend!
                  George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X