Metal insignia for review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal insignia for review.

This is the last of it. It may take me a little while but I will post three pieces here. Two I am pretty sure are bad, the third I do not know. As always any help or opinions are appreciated.

This first one is very flimsy and the head reminds me of the little Chicken Hawk from the Foghorn Leghorn cartoons. It has an RZM mark but nothing else. I say bad - do you agree?

Thanks,
    Chet
    Attached Files

Hi Chet.

IMO that bird is fake. I have one just like it that was purchased way back in the '70s. I believe these come from England.

All the best.

Comment

The second one is better. It does not readily bend. It has a tiny RZM and 1/52 on the left wing when viewed from the reverse. By the edges I say it was stamped. Not very well finished. Any chance for this one?

Thanks,
      Chet
      Attached Files

Comment

Final piece. I vote bad as I think these were discussed once before. I just want a second opinion. Marked with RZM and M 1/52.

Many thanks to all that have helped me!

Chet
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chet!

IMO all three are bad. The first eagle is a well known (crappy) fake.
          The swastika is not vertical and nothing else has to be said. However,
          the head is poorly formed and the "lat" feathers are overly flaired out,
          as well.

The second bird and the skull, I believe, are a fairly good repro Deschler
          set that have flooded the market in the last fifteen or so years. I see
          them loose at shows all the time being pawned off as originals and also
          quite often on fake caps, often of the Erel variety. I don't want to say
          here what is wrong with them as it won't take much to "fix" them up.
          Just study them carefully and you'll be able to spot them.

Comment

Brian is correct. All of these are reproductions. Thanks! Chris

Comment

I agree with both brian and chris, all fake sorry,
              cheers,
              gary

Comment

Thanks for the help. I thought two were bad and had a bit of hope for the third. At least the cloth is coming out OK. I have also learned from this so no loss here.

Thanks,
                Chet

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X