Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stosstrupp AH cuff title

Hi.
    This is another of the pieces i got many years ago from a old collection,as these are rare i assume this is a 60's copy oppinions please,the band is a metalic cloth like similar to the bands that had no script on?
    All the best Merdock
    Attached Files

reverse;
    Attached Files

Comment

Merdock,
      Unfortunately you are correct this is an early copy of that band, the band material itself is close but not the same as the originals and the wording style is also incorrect,
      cheers,
      Gary

Comment

see picture below,
        fake top original belonging to a friend below,
        cheers,
        Gary
        Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-29-2008, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Hi,
          Thanks Garry it's as i thought,the fake you posted and the one i have are the same.
          All the best Merdock

Comment

cuff ribbon

This is for Gary. I am a very new member and as to your 08/10/03 reply to Murdock, I have a very similar cuff ribbon. Can you post a photo of a genuine one and tell me the difference as well as the material difference. Mine is a rather stiff material in like new shape. Also if you get this , I had collected German WW II medals and dggers in the late 1960's & I also pickedup an SS dagger. The grip and sheath look original, but the sheath's top and bottom pieces loof freshly chromed. Also the pieces on the top and bottom of the hilt look chromed and a rathe chesper casting. Last and worst of all the perfect condition blade is chromed. Is this all a fake, a fake with a few original parts, or perhaps a real one issued late in WW II in a hurry and therefore cheaply made, but with some original parts ?

Thank you, Ernie
            flyerernie@aol.com

Comment

"I have a very similar cuff ribbon. Can you post a photo of a genuine one and tell me the difference as well as the material difference"

Ernie,
              welcome to the forum, I have posted a comparison in the above post, as yet the fakes of this cuff title are no where near what the originals look like this is probably due to the fact that this is such a rare cuff title and only a handful exist today, I do not intend to post the full title for 2 reasons all can see and this would alert the fakers to this, and the title belongs to a friend as I stated above.

You can send me pictures of your title and I will post them for you here with in this thread.

daggers are out of my field really but we do have a dagger forum where you could post your example again I am more than willing to post your photo's there for you as well,
              cheers,
              Gary

Comment

cuff title

Gary I saw your message to Murdock wherein you showed genuine cuff title and his copy. That copy is the sme as I have too. Thanks.

Ernie

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X